You Shop, Amazon Donates: Amazon to Double Donations through AmazonSmile this Prime Day
AmazonSmile is the charity initiative where Amazon donates a portion of eligible purchases to a customer’s chosen charity – at no extra cost
Amazon Customers can shop at smile.amazon.co.uk or with AmazonSmile turned on in the Amazon App on Prime Day and Amazon will double the usual donations on eligible purchases throughout the two-day shopping event – 12 and 13 July.
Prime Day Deals Sneak Preview: Customers can save up to 60% off popular devices including Echo, Fire TV and Ring; and save up to 30% off toy brands including LEGO, Barbie, Hot Wheels, and more
LONDON –7th July, 2022—(NASDAQ: AMZN)— Amazon will double the smiles on Prime Day with double donations through AmazonSmile, the company’s charity initiative which allows customers to support their chosen UK charity while shopping. That means on Prime Day, customers can shop epic deals from all categories, and they’ll also have the option to do some good as they spend, at no extra cost. Whether shopping online or by turning on AmazonSmile in the Amazon app, eligible purchases made with AmazonSmile will generate a double donation of 1% to a customer’s chosen charity. Customers can learn how easy it is to shop with the Amazon app at smile.amazon.co.uk.
John Boumphrey, Country Manager, Amazon UK said: “We’ve made sure Prime Day has something for everyone - great savings for Prime customers, supporting the 65,000 UK small businesses that sell on Amazon, and now doubling the donations for more than 45,000 UK charities that customers can choose to support through AmazonSmile.”
“On 12 and 13 July, it’s easy for all customers to use AmazonSmile while shopping online at smile.amazon.co.uk or by turning AmazonSmile on in the Amazon app. You shop, and Amazon donates 1% from the net purchase price to a customer’s chosen charity. These double donations will help contribute to the more than £15 million donated through AmazonSmile already.”
Easy to Double Donations
Throughout the entire 48-hour Prime Day event, all eligible purchases made with AmazonSmile will generate a double donation of 1% (typically 0.5%) of the net purchase price to a customer’s chosen charity. Full T&Cs can be found here.
Two Ways to Use AmazonSmile on Prime Day
In any web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.co.uk and sign in with your Amazon.co.uk details
- Select your chosen charitable organisation to receive donations
- Start generating donations every time you shop eligible items at smile.amazon.co.uk
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.co.uk
In the App:
- Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping App for iOS or Android
- Open the app and find “AmazonSmile” in the main menu (☰) under “Settings”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your charity and turn on AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping App
- Start generating donations automatically when you shop eligible items in the app!
Sneak Preview of Prime Day Deals: This Prime Day, members can shop some of the best deals across nearly every category. Prime members can find deals they have been dreaming of. Below is a sneak preview of some of the Prime Day deals:
- Amazon Devices: Save up to 60% on Echo devices, including Echo Dot (3rd Gen) (£16.99), Echo Dot (4th Gen) Kids (£24.99); up to 57% on Fire TV including Fire TV Stick (£17.99), Fire TV Stick 4K (£22.99) and Fire TV Cube (£54.99); up to 60% on Fire tablets including Fire HD 10 (£79.99) and Fire HD 8 Kids (£59.99); up to 33% on Ring devices, including Ring Video Doorbell (£59.99) and Ring Alarm (£149.99); £35 on Kindle (Starting at £34.99) and £45 on Kindle Paperwhite (Starting at £84.99); Up to 50% on Blink devices including Blink Outdoor Camera (£44.99) and Blink Video Doorbell (£34.99) and 40% on eero Pro 6 (starting at £124.99).
- Automotive: Save up to 30% on Automotive brands including Noco, Autoglym, Glart, Meguiar's and Muc-Off.
- Baby: Save up to 60% on Feeding Equipment including Tommee Tippee, Phillips and NUK, up to 40% on Monitors & Nursery Décor from Hubble, Nanit and Chicco and up to 35% on Car Seats & Strollers including Maxi-Cosi, Recaro and Baby Jogger.
- Beauty:Save up to 60% on Skincare including Olay, Neutrogena and Burt’s Bees, up to 50% on Haircare including Aussie, TIGI & Redken and up to 35% on Premium Beauty from ELEMIS, Urban Decay & Elizabeth Arden.
- Beer, Wine & Spirits: Save up to 45% on beer, wine and spirits across brands including Talisker, Absolut, the Glenlivet, Tarquin and more.
- Electronics: Save up to 50% on select headphones from Beats, Sony, and JBL; 35% on smartphones and wearables from Apple, Samsung, Garmin, Xiaomi and more; 30% on e-bikes, Segways, scooters, and select PC devices; up to 30% on cameras, drones, action cameras, printers and accessories from DJI, Sony, Nikon, and more.
- Furniture: Save up to 30% on Silentnight mattresses, office, living room and children's furniture.
- Garden: Save up to 30% on garden products including Keter, Spear & Jackson and Lazy Spa.
- Grocery: Save up to 35% on coffee from brands including L’OR, Tassimo, Lavazza, Starbucks and Solimo Coffee. Save up to 40% on Trek, Nakd, and KIND snacks. Save up to 35% on soft drinks from brands Robinsons, Vita Coco, Fiji Water and Dash Water.
- Home Improvement: Save up to 30% on home improvement brands including Bosch, Karcher and Arlo.
- Health & Personal Care: Save up to 30% on household essentials from Flash, Finish and Dettol, up to 30% on nutrition products from Vitabiotics, Optimum and SlimFast and up to 30% on health and personal care essentials from WaterWipes, Durex and Gillette.
- Home: Save up to 30% on a selection of cookware and bakeware including Le Creuset and Tefal, up to 30% on Silentnight and Sleepdown duvets, pillows and toppers, up to 30% on Joseph and Joseph, Brabantia, Vileda, Philips, Yankee Candle, and more.
- Kitchen: Save up to 30% on selected floorcare brands including Shark, Vax and Hoover as well as a broad range of kitchen appliances from Ninja, Tefal, Tower, Panasonic and more.
- Video Games: Save up to 30% on Video games, accessories, and consoles from Nintendo, Xbox, Oculus, Sony, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, and more. Up to 50% on video game downloads.
- Major Appliances: Save up to 30% on large appliances from brands including Bosch, Candy, and Samsung. Save up to 30% on small kitchen appliances, including Panasonic and Toshiba.
- Personal Care Appliances: Save up to 60% on Philips Lumea Prestige IPL products, up to 70% on Oral-B electric toothbrushes and up to 65% on Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes. Save up to 50% on male styling appliances from Philips, Braun, Wahl and more, up to 30% on ghd and Remington, up to 35% on medical and massage devices from Omron, Revitive, and Braun and up to 35% on water flossers from Waterpik and Panasonic.
- Pets: Save up to 25% on pet food from Felix and Lily’s Kitchen, up to 30% on pet healthcare from Frontline and Lintbells YuMOVE and up to 35% on pet supplies.
- Sports: Save up to 30% on an extensive variety of sporting goods including Fitbit activity trackers, bikes, cycling equipment and camping products. Save up to 30% on sports apparel from a broad range of brands including Puma, Under Armour and Speedo.
- Toys: Save up to 30% off toy brands including LEGO, Barbie, Hot Wheels and more.
- Amazon Fashion: Customers can shop product edits from their favourite influencers and brands like Hugo Boss, Wrangler, G-Star, Puma, Lee, Vans, Swarovski, Iris & Lilly, Amazon Essentials, and The Drop – all up to 30% off.
- Amazon Brands: Save up to 20% off on select styles from Amazon brands, including home, electronic, and sports essentials from Amazon Basics, Umi, and Eono; furniture products for every room from Alkove, Rivet, and Movian; every day essentials such as coffee, nuts; and beauty products from byAmazon, Amazon Basic Care, and Amazon Aware.
Save Ahead of Prime Day
Before the shopping day even starts, Prime members can get exclusive offers and deals right now.
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months free – with 90 million songs ad-free and in HD, plus millions of podcast episodes. In addition, with the purchase of select Amazon Echo devices, Prime members new to Amazon Music Unlimited can get six months free. Both offers are available starting 21st June and ending 13th July.
- Prime Video: From 22nd June,Prime members can get up to 60% off great movies and TV shows to rent or buy through Prime Video including Spider-Man: No Way Home, Paw Patrol: The Movie, Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Last Night in Soho, 9-1-1: Season 4 and Yellowstone: Season 2. A broad selection of popular new movies are also available to rent from as little as £1.99 including Uncharted, Top Gun, Sing 2, Scream, Belfast and classics such as The Truman Show and
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members can enjoy three months of Kindle Unlimited for no extra charge. Membership includes millions of titles, selected magazines, and thousands of audiobooks. Deal terms and conditions apply.
- Audible: Prime members can try Audible free for three months. The three-month free trial includes unlimited listening to thousands of select Audible Originals, audiobooks, and podcasts. Offer available until 14 July 10am BST. Deal terms and conditions apply.
- Get More Than 30 Games with Prime: Prime members can download over 30 PC games from Prime Gaming as part of your Prime membership like Mass Effect Legendary Edition, which includes the award-winning Mass Effect trilogy, GRID™ Legends, Need for Speed™ Heat, and Star Wars™ Jedi Academy™. Through 13th July, go claim more than 25 indie games instantly, including PC games from Curve Games, HandyGames, SNK, and more. Visit gaming.amazon.com for more details and a full list of available games.
- Amazon First Reads: During July, Prime members can choose two Kindle Books available on Amazon First Reads for no additional charge.
Set a Reminder for Prime Day
This year, Amazon makes preparing for Prime Day easier and more rewarding than ever. Members can receive custom product recommendations, and set up deal notifications and reminders to get ready.
- Create Deal Alerts for Personalised Recommendations: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Day event page on the Amazon app between now until Prime Day to create deal alerts. Once Prime Day arrives, members will receive push notifications on the available deals.
- Receive Notifications from Alexa: Thanks to Alexa, Prime members never miss deals. They can add products to their wish list or shopping cart, or save them for later and ask Alexa to notify them when the deals become available.
- Set a Reminder: Prime members can say, “Alexa, remind me when Prime Day starts,” to be alerted when the two-day deals event begins.
More Opportunities to Join Prime
Prime offers the best of shopping and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In the UK that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV shows with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 2 million songs plus thousands of stations and playlists with Amazon Music, free in-game content and games with Prime Gaming, more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and incredible savings with Prime Day. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast delivery at no extra cost. Prime members in the UK receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories and unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in Greater London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, and more. Prime members can also complete their full grocery shop, and choose from thousands of fresh grocery products, famous brands and household essentials, at great prices with two-hour delivery windows on orders over £40 included with Prime– from Amazon Fresh and Morrisons at Amazon. Prime members enjoy unlimited free delivery on their favourite restaurants when they spend £25 or more with 1-year free Deliveroo Plus. University students and apprentices can enjoy the benefits of Prime, including exclusive student discounts, by joining Prime Student – with a six-month trial and then 50% off Prime after that at amazon.co.uk/joinstudent in association with Microsoft Surface. Check if you’re eligible for a free trial of Prime at amazon.co.uk/prime. New members can try Prime for 30 days for free. Prime membership costs £79.00 a year or £7.99 a month.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.
Follow Amazon.co.uk on Twitter: www.twitter.com/AmazonUK
Follow Amazon.co.uk on Instagram: www.instagram.com/AmazonUK
Follow Amazon.co.uk on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmazonUK
For further information please contact:
Amazon UK Press Office
The Academy PR
For press imagery please visit: amazon.co.uk/pr