On The Third Day Of The Third Month at 3.33AM, Amazon Prime Video Announces The Devil’s Hour – A Brand New UK Produced Amazon Original Thriller Series
The series follows the story of Lucy Chambers, drawn into the hunt for a killer by terrifying visions which always wake her at 3.33am: the devil’s hour
Executive produced by Steven Moffat (Doctor Who, Dracula, Sherlock) and Sue Vertue (Dracula, Sherlock) and created and written by Tom Moran, this brand new six-part thriller is produced by Hartswood Films and will launch exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories
LONDON, UK, 3rd March 3.33am 2021 – On the third day of the third month on the third hour, Amazon Prime Video has announced a new UK produced Amazon Original six-part thriller series The Devil’s Hour, produced by Hartswood Films, penned by Tom Moran and executive produced by Steven Moffat (Doctor Who, Dracula, Sherlock), Tom Moran and Sue Vertue (Dracula, Sherlock). Filming will start later this year in the UK and the series will launch exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories.
Have you ever woken in the middle of the night and felt like something wasn’t quite right? You may have woken during the “Devil’s Hour” – the hour between 3am and 4am, or 3.33am specifically, regarded as a time when unexplainable things can occur. The Devil’s Hour follows the story of Lucy Chambers, who wakes up every night at exactly 3.33am. Her eight-year-old son is withdrawn and emotionless. Her mother speaks to empty chairs. Her house is haunted by the echoes of a life that isn't her own. Now, when her name is inexplicably connected to a string of brutal murders in the area, the answers that have evaded her all these years will finally come into focus. The Devil’s Hour is a creepy, philosophical thriller that seeks to explain the inexplicable.
“The Devil’s Hour is a gripping story from an exciting new voice, with a dream team behind and in front of the camera,” said Georgia Brown, Director of European Amazon Originals for Prime Video. “We’re thrilled to be working with Tom, Steven and Sue on this new project, and we can’t wait to share news of the great British talent set to feature in this series.”
Sue Vertue, CEO of Hartswood Films said; “We are genuinely delighted to be one of the first UK Originals that Prime Video has commissioned and are thrilled that Tom Moran and his big brain have trusted Hartswood and Johnny Allan the director with the wonderful task of bringing his scripts to life.”
The six-part series will be produced by Hartswood Films. The executive producers are Steven Moffat, Tom Moran and Sue Vertue, the director is Johnny Allan (The Irregulars). All six episodes are written and created by the exciting new writer Tom Moran. Further details including cast and launch date will be announced in due course.
The Devil’s Hour will join the thousands of TV shows and movies in the Prime Video catalogue, including UK produced Amazon Original series such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, Truth Seekers and All or Nothing: Manchester City; hit movies like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm; and award-winning and critically-acclaimed global Amazon Original series including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Homecoming and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, all on Prime Video, which is available at no extra cost for Prime members. Prime Video will also offer Prime members in the UK live coverage of over 20 Premier League football matches from this season, the first ever Autumn Nations Cup international rugby union tournament, plus its continued exclusive coverage of ATP Tour tennis and US Open tennis matches for no additional cost to their Prime membership.
Prime members will be able to watch all episodes of The Devil’s Hour anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the Talk Talk TV set top box, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV or online at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in the UK and Ireland at no extra cost to a Prime membership for just £7.99 a month or £79 per year. New customers can find out more at amazon.co.uk/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device:
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, US hits like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Homecoming; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; movies like the Academy Award-winningManchester by the Sea, The Salesman, The Big Sick and Cold War; as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis, the Rugby Union Autumn Nations Cup and Premier League football. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items as well as exclusive deals and discounts at Amazon.co.uk, exclusive content with Prime Gaming, access to ad-free music, Kindle ebooks, and unlimited photo storage. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
About Hartswood Films
Hartswood Films is a fully independent production company which has been at the forefront of British TV drama and comedy for over 30 years. Recent productions include Sky TV’s Christmas drama Roald & Beatrix: The Tail Of the Curious Mouse and the BBC / Netflix production Dracula from Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss. Moffat and Gatiss were also responsible for the company’s Emmy, RTS and BAFTA winning internationally successful series Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Other dramas include Lady Chatterley’s Lover starring Richard Madden and Holliday Grainger; The Guilty starring Tamsin Greig and the Golden Globe nominated series Jekyll starring James Nesbitt. A long history of comedies at Hartswood include Men Behaving Badly, Coupling and more recently Edge Of Heaven and Me & Mrs Jones. Forthcoming productions include The Time Traveler’s Wife, adapted by Steven Moffat from Audrey Niffenegger’s novel for HBO, and starring Rose Leslie and Theo James.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.