Summer Shopping Lists at the Ready: Prime Day Returns on 11th & 12th July
Great savings on big brands like Samsung, Shark, Levi’s, Oral-B, Tefal and more, as well as a wide range of products from small businesses across Britain
Early deals start now, 21st June, at www.amazon.co.uk/primeday
New for 2023: Amazon announces Prime Experiences – limited edition, once-in-a-lifetime experiences to add even more value to Prime Day, including a chance for shoppers to visit the cast of Neighbours in Australia
LONDON—06.15am BST, 21st June 2023—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—The countdown has begun to Amazon’s Prime Day event. Between 00.01am on 11th July and 11.59pm on 12th July, Prime members can get 48 hours of great savings across all categories on everything they need for summer and beyond, with early deals starting today at www.amazon.co.uk/primeday. New deals will drop throughout the event, with discounts on top products from much-loved brands, small businesses and artisan makers.
“The countdown for Prime Day starts now, and we have an incredible selection of deals to come,” said John Boumphrey, UK Country Manager of Amazon. “We work really hard to deliver great products at the best prices for customers during Prime Day and throughout the year, from the biggest brands to the 100,000 small British businesses that are available on Amazon. There is a lot to be excited about and a lot of value to find, with a few fun surprises and experiences to help you feel like a big deal along the way.”
Customers in the UK will have the opportunity to buy once-in-a-lifetime experiences to help make them Feel Like a Big Deal this Prime Day. Each experience represents the best of Amazon Prime and the value it brings, with a host of big names lined up to take part. The first experience revealed will offer shoppers a chance to feel like a TV star with a trip to the set of Neighbours in Australia. One lucky Prime member will have the opportunity to take a trip to Erinsborough with a friend, meet their new Neighbours and stroll through world-famous sets as seen on TV. The full list of Prime Experiences and famous faces taking part will announced in the run up to Prime Day. Each experience will be paired with a great value Prime Day product and available as a limited, one-off purchase during Prime Day at www.amazon.co.uk/primeexperiences.
Shop and Save Now
Prime members don’t have to wait to shop - early access to deals starts now. This year, Amazon is rolling out more personalised Prime Day deals categories than ever before. From now, Prime members can browse tailored assortments of deals on the Amazon homepage including “Deals related to your views”, “Deals from brands you may like”, and “4+ Star deals for you.”
- Prime Video – From today, Prime members can get up to 60% off a broad selection of great movies and TV shows to rent or buy through Prime Video including Scream VI, Top Gun: Maverick, Just Like That: Season 1, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent and Minions: The Rise of Gru.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: For a limited time, Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months free, with access to more than 100 million songs and top podcasts ad-free, on-demand, and in high-quality streaming audio. In addition, Prime Members who subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited can upgrade to a Family Plan for no extra cost for four months. Ts&Cs apply.
- Amazon Devices – From June 29th and throughout Prime Day, Amazon Devices deals will unlock savings of up to 58% on selected products, including the all new Echo Pop, Echo Show 5 and Echo Show 5 Kids, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Kindle Scribe, Fire Max 11 tablet, Kindle Paperwhite, Ring Devices, Blink Devices, and eero networking devices.
- Kindle Unlimited – Available now, Prime members can enjoy three months of Kindle Unlimited for no extra charge. Membership includes millions of titles, selected magazines, and thousands of audiobooks. T&Cs apply.
- Gaming – Starting today, Prime members can claim bonus classic games each week, including Prey, Baldur’s Gate II, Shovel Knight: Showdown, and STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed™. Additionally, members can claim different in-game content and perks for several popular games over the next four weeks, including Overwatch 2, Diablo IV, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, and Pokémon GO. T&Cs apply.
- Amazon Photos – From now until midnight on 7th July, Prime members will receive £15 Amazon.co.uk credit when they download the Amazon Photos app and upload their first photo. Ts&Cs apply.
- Audible - Prime members can try Audible free for three months from today. The three-month free trial includes unlimited listening to thousands of select Audible Originals, audiobooks, and podcasts. Offer available from 21 June to 13 July 11:59pm BST. Ts&Cs apply.
- Grocery – Prime members will be able to enjoy an epic 20% off their shopping from now until the end of Prime Day in Amazon Fresh stores and online at amazon.co.uk/fresh. Ts&Cs apply.
- Amazon Brands - Save up to 40% on selected products from Amazon brands from today, including home, electronic, and sports essentials from Amazon Basics, Umi, and Eono; furniture products for every room from Alkove, Rivet, and Movian; every day essentials such as coffee and nuts; and beauty products from byAmazon, Amazon Basic Care, and Amazon Aware.
Amazon is also putting the spotlight on the team who make Prime Day possible, with a new video unveiling the 2023 dates on a fulfilment centre rooftop and celebrating the people at the core of the customer experience. Watch the Prime Day date reveal here.
Prepare for Prime Day
Customers can join Prime or start a free trial at amazon.co.uk/primeday to participate. From requesting early access to exclusive Prime Day deals to asking Alexa for deal notifications, members can access several ways to prepare for Prime Day.
- Set up deal alerts: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Day event page on the Amazon app between now and Prime Day to create deal alerts. Once Prime Day arrives, members will receive push notifications on any available deals.
- Receive deal notifications from Alexa: Prime members can ask Alexa for deal notifications on products added to their Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later. To get started, just ask, “Alexa, add [product name] to my cart,” and then ask Alexa to notify you about the deal when it’s live.
Notes to Editors
More Opportunities to Join Prime
Prime offers the best of shopping and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In the UK that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV shows with Prime Video, over 100 million songs in shuffle mode, All-Access playlists, plus the most top podcasts available ad free with Amazon Music, free in-game content and games with Prime Gaming, more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and incredible savings with Prime Day. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast delivery at no extra cost. Prime members in the UK receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories and unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in Greater London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, and more. Prime members can also complete their full grocery shop, and choose from thousands of fresh grocery products, famous brands and household essentials at great prices with two-hour delivery windows from Amazon Fresh and Morrisons on Amazon (minimum order values apply). Prime members enjoy unlimited free delivery on their favourite restaurants when they spend £25 or more with 1-year free Deliveroo Plus. University students and apprentices can enjoy the benefits of Prime, including exclusive student discounts, by joining Prime Student – with a six-month trial and then 50% off Prime after that at amazon.co.uk/joinstudent in association with Microsoft Surface. Check if you’re eligible for a free trial of Prime at amazon.co.uk/prime. New members can try Prime for 30 days for free. Prime membership auto-renews and costs £95.00 a year or £8.99 a month.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.
For further information please contact: