Stay Entertained, Connected, and Productive with the All-New Fire HD 10 and Fire HD 10 Plus
Fire HD 10 features a powerful octa-core processor, now with 50% more RAM, a brighter Full HD display, an updated design, up to 12 hours of battery life, and up to 64GB of internal storage expandable by up to 1TB via a microSD card—all for just £149.99
Fire HD 10 Plus is our most powerful 10-inch tablet ever, packed with all the features of Fire HD 10 plus 4GB RAM, wireless charging, and a soft touch finish for £179.99
Fire HD 10 Productivity Bundle includes a custom-designed, detachable keyboard case and 12-month subscription to Microsoft 365 Personal —with premium Office apps, 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage, and more — for only £209.99
LUXEMBOURG—April 27, 2021—(NASDAQ: AMZN)— Amazon today announced the next generation of Fire HD 10 tablets—the all-new Fire HD 10 and first Fire HD 10 Plus offer powerful performance, a brighter full HD display, updated design, and features to help customers stay entertained, connected, and productive. Plus, with the Fire HD 10 Productivity Bundle, customers can get more done with a detachable keyboard case and Microsoft 365 Personal subscription. Amazon also introduced an all-new Fire HD 10 Kids tablet for kids ages 3-7, and new Fire Kids Pro tablets for school-age children.
“Our best tablets just keep getting better. The new Fire HD 10 is brighter, thinner and lighter, with an octa-core processor for fast and responsive performance, 50% more RAM, and up to 12 hours of battery life—and is still only £149.99,” said Eric Saarnio, Vice President, Amazon Devices EU. “Plus, we added new apps, features, and accessories, including a Productivity Bundle with the Fire HD 10, a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription, and a detachable keyboard case, to help you get more done.”
For just £149.99, the all-new Fire HD 10 features:
- Fast and responsive—Powerful octa-core 2.0 GHz processor and 3GB RAM, with 50% more RAM than the previous generation for fast performance and app starts.
- Stunning display—Vivid 10.1”, 1080p Full HD display is 10% brighter than the previous generation with more than two million pixels.
- Updated design—Thinner and lighter design than the previous generation with uniform bezels, and a screen made with strengthened aluminium silicate glass.
- All-day battery life—Up to 12 hours of battery life for browsing the web, watching videos, listening to music, and more.
- Plenty of storage—Available with 32GB or 64GB of internal storage, plus support for up to 1TB of expandable storage via a microSD card, there’s plenty of space for your photos, videos, and apps.
- Stay entertained— Access millions of movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps, and games on your tablet.
- Stay connected—2MP front-facing camera is landscape oriented to support widescreen video calls with friends and family—simply ask Alexa to make a call, or use apps like Zoom, Skype, and Microsoft Teams.
- Stay productive—Check email, chat with a co-worker, easily view or download a file, update shopping lists, and set calendar reminders using apps like Office, Outlook, OneNote, Microsoft Teams, Notepad, and Dropbox.
- Split screen—An all-new feature for Fire OS shows two compatible apps like Messenger from Facebook and Prime Video, side-by-side for easy multi-tasking. You can check your social media accounts while watching a movie, take a video call on Zoom while sending a message, or take notes in OneNote while reading a Kindle book.
- Immersive Dolby Atmos audio—Videos, games, and web content sound amazing. Listen via built-in speakers, or connect speakers or headphones via Bluetooth or the headphone jack.
- Alexa hands-free—With always-ready, hands-free access to Alexa, you can easily control video and music playback, launch apps, get news and sports scores, manage your compatible smart home devices, make a video call, and even enable Show Mode to transform your tablet into an Echo Show experience. Fire HD 10 and Alexa are designed with privacy in mind. When you say, “Alexa,” a blue bar will appear on the screen to indicate that your device is processing your request and is streaming to the cloud. You can also turn the Alexa microphones off on your Fire HD 10 at any time by tapping the Alexa hands-free button in the Quick Settings menu.
- World class parental controls—With Amazon Kids, parents can easily manage their kids’ screen time and set daily goals, age filters, and time limits for both weekdays and weekends. Parents can manage these settings on the device or through the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
- Climate Pledge Friendly—The new Fire HD 10 tablets are certified by Carbon Trust’s ‘Reducing CO2’ Product Carbon Footprint Label, a certification that demonstrates a reduction in the carbon footprint of products, year-over-year.
For only £30 more, Fire HD 10 Plus adds:
- Fast performance—With 4GB RAM, it offers even more memory for playing your favourite game or multi-tasking during the day.
- Premium finish—Soft touch, slate coloured finish for a high-quality feel.
- Hassle-free wireless charging—Charge wirelessly with any compatible Qi certified charger, or pair with the Made for Amazon wireless charging dock from Anker (sold separately), and Fire HD 10 Plus transitions from a portable tablet to a countertop smart display with hands-free access to Alexa in Show Mode.
Starting at £209.99, Productivity Bundles include either a Fire HD 10 or Fire HD 10 Plus and:
- Detachable keyboard case—Designed by Fintie to perfectly fit your Fire HD 10 and Fire HD 10 Plus, the all-new Bluetooth keyboard with detachable case lets you adjust screen-viewing angles for a comfortable typing experience. And if you want to unwind and read a book, the keyboard magnetically detaches and then simply snaps back on when you want to check email, take notes, or browse the internet. The case can also be purchased separately for £49.99.
- Microsoft 365 Personal subscription— includes a 12-month subscription to premium Office apps, 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage, and more, which you can use on up to five compatible devices at the same time (a £59.99 value).
Stay entertained with Prime
- Watch thousands of award-winning movies and TV shows, including UK Amazon Originals Good Omens, The Grand Tour and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, and movies like Coming 2 America and Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.
- With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations.
- Prime Reading has a rotating selection of more than 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more. With Amazon First Reads, Prime members get early access to Kindle Books before they publish, based on a selection of titles curated by the Books Editorial team.
- Get unlimited full-resolution photo storage and 5GB video storage with Amazon Photos.
- With Prime Gaming, customers can enjoy games, in-game content, a Twitch channel subscription each month, and more.
To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime, visit www.amazon.co.uk/prime.
Pricing and availability
Starting at £149.99, Fire HD 10 is available for pre-order today with 32GB or 64GB of storage and is offered in Black, Denim, Lavender, and Olive colours. Starting at £179.99, Fire HD 10 Plus is available for pre-order today with 32GB or 64GB of storage and is offered in Slate. The Made for Amazon Wireless Charging Dock by Anker is available for £49.99 Both tablets can also be purchased as part of the new Fire HD 10 Productivity Bundle, which features a Made for Amazon keyboard case by Fintie and a 12-month Microsoft 365 Personal subscription, starting at £209.99.
Accessory cases are available for Fire HD 10 and Fire HD 10 Plus tablets in Black, Lavender Haze, Deep Sea Blue, and Olive Green.
Both tablets, Fire HD 10 and Fire HD 10 Plus will also be available from Argos, Currys PC World, John Lewis and Very.co.uk with Fire HD 10 also available through Tesco.
All tablets and accessories will begin shipping on May 26.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.