A Second Season of James May’s Travelogue Will Film in the U.S. and Launch on Amazon Prime Video Next Year
James May: Our Man in the USA will be produced by Plum Pictures and New Entity and will launch exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories
LONDON, UK, 26 August 2021 – Following the success of Our Man in Japan, James May: Our Man in the USA will premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in 2022 in over 240 countries and territories.
James will set off on an epic 4,000-mile fact-finding mission across the United States of America; a land of mountains and bayous, skyscrapers and deserts, a collision of a myriad viewpoints, cultures, and lifestyles. Journeying from Cape Cod to Seattle, via New York, Detroit, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and LA, he’ll put the disappointment of 1776 behind him as he immerses himself completely in the real American way of life to discover its true flavour [sic].
“I’m setting off with two objectives: To go West, like the settlers and prospectors of old, and not get fat on American breakfasts in the process,” said James May. “As a man brought up (raised) on U.S. cop shows and Hollywood films, I still believe that everything in America must be better; from the size of their fridges to the uncanny alignment of their teeth. But is it?”
“Exhilarating as James exploring his own kitchen is, we are thrilled to be getting Our Man back on the road for another adventure,” said Dan Grabiner, Head of UK Originals, Amazon Studios. “Our Man in Japan’s anti-travelogue approach was a hit with Prime Video audiences, and we are so excited to finally be able to re-assemble this brilliant team for their next journey.”
The series will reunite the team behind the first series, including BAFTA-nominated series director Tom Whitter (James May’s Toy Stories, Cars of the People) and executive producer Will Daws (James May’s Toy Stories, Amazing Spaces).
James May: Our Man in the USA will join the thousands of TV shows and movies in the Prime Video catalogue, including UK-produced Amazon Original series such as Good Omens, Clarkson’s Farm, The Grand Tour, and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, as well as forthcoming UK-produced Amazon Originals Series The Rig, The Devil’s Hour, Mammals, All or Nothing: Arsenal, Jungle, Lovestruck High, Anansi Boys, and The Power; hit movies like Coming 2 America, Golden Globe-winner and Academy Award-nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Academy Award-winning movie Sound of Metal, Golden Globe- and Academy Award-nominated movie One Night in Miami…; and critically-acclaimed global Amazon Original series including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Homecoming, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, all available on Prime Video at no extra cost for Prime members. Prime Video also offers Prime members in the UK live coverage of Premier League football matches, Autumn Nations Cup international rugby union tournament, plus exclusive coverage of ATP Tour and US Open tennis.
Prime members will be able to watch all episodes of James May: Our Man in the USA anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the TalkTalk TV set-top box, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV, or online at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in the UK and Ireland at no extra cost to a Prime membership for just £7.99 a month or £79 per year. New customers can find out more at amazon.co.uk/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport, and more—all available to watch on practically any device:
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, U.S. hits like The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods, and Vikings; movies like Coming 2 America and the Golden Globe-winning Borat Subsequent Moviefilm; as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis, the Rugby Union Autumn Nations Cup, and Premier League football. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY, and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items as well as exclusive deals and discounts at Amazon.co.uk, exclusive content with Prime Gaming, access to ad-free music, Kindle ebooks, and unlimited photo storage. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
About Plum Pictures
Set up by Will Daws and Stuart Cabb in 2007, Plum Pictures produce documentaries and presenter-led series for the major networks in the UK and the U.S. They have worked with James for over a decade producing all his programmes that start with James May in the title: James May’s Toy Stories, James May’s Man Lab, James May: The Reassembler, and James May: Our Man in Japan.
About New Entity
New Entity is a creative collaboration set up in 2017 between James May and long-time director Tom Whitter. Having worked together since 2010 on nearly 30 films including the acclaimed BBC’s James May’s Cars of the People, New Entity first official production was the critically acclaimed James May: Our Man in Japan, in partnership with Plum Pictures.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.