Rob Delaney, Alice Eve, Edwina Findley, Jacob Fortune-Lloyd, Zrinka Cvitešić, Simbi Ajikawo Among Latest Cast Announced for Amazon Prime Video’s Contemporary New Global Thriller The Power
They join Leslie Mann, Auli’i Cravalho, Tim Robbins, John Leguizamo, Eddie Marsan, Daniela Vega and a raft of new and emerging talent for the 10-part thriller, directed by Reed Morano and based on the international bestselling novel by Naomi Alderman
London, UK – Monday 8th February, 2021 – Amazon Studios has announced further casting on the highly-anticipated series The Power, a timely 10-part global thriller based on the international bestselling novel of the same name, produced by Sister (Chernobyl, Giri/Haji, The Split) for Amazon Studios with Emmy Award-winning executive producer and director Reed Morano (The Handmaid’s Tale).
Academy Award-winning Tim Robbins (Here and Now, Mystic River, Shawshank Redemption) will play Daniel Dandon, the self-righteous and self-important Republican Governor of Washington State and constant thorn in the side of Margot Cleary-Lopez, the Democratic Mayor of Seattle (Leslie Mann). Edwina Findley (Treme, If Loving You Is Wrong, Fear the Walking Dead) plays Helen, her highly competent and trusted advisor. Margot’s husband Rob is played by the previously-announced John Leguizamo, and her two younger children, Matty and Izzy, are played by Gerrison Machado and Pietra Castro.
Rob Delaney (Catastrophe) plays Tom, a silver fox news anchor loved by the audience – authoritative but warm, a reassuring presence. His younger co-anchor Kristen, played by Alice Eve (Before We Go), is smarter than she looks. She’s ambitious too. Together, they chart the slow but inexorable change in attitudes as the phenomenon unfolds.
In the power-corridors of Eastern Europe, Zrinka Cvitešić (London Spy, Capital) plays Tatiana Moskalev, wife of Moldovan President Viktor Moskalev, fiercely intelligent, a born survivor, and capable of so much more than most of the men around her realise.
Joining the East London Monke family, headed by patriarch Bernie (the previously-announced Eddie Marsan) are Jacob Fortune-Lloyd (The Queen’s Gambit) as the charming Ricky, Sam Buchanan (You Wouldn’t Adam and Eve It) as slow-witted Terry, and Archie Rush (Black Mirror) as the youngest of the three brothers, Darrell. Juliet Cowan (Cuckoo, Killed by My Debt) plays Barbara, Bernie’s wife and mother to his three sons and heirs. Ria Zmitrowicz (previously-announced) plays his illegitimate teenage daughter Roxy.
Simbi Ajikawo (Top Boy, Youngers), also known as Little Simz, plays Adunola, who gives Nigerian aspiring journalist Tunde (the previously-announced Toheeb Jimoh) his first experience of the Power.
The world of The Power is our world, but for one twist of nature. Suddenly, and without warning, all teenage girls in the world develop the power to electrocute people at will. It’s hereditary, it’s inbuilt, and it can’t be taken away from them. The Power follows a cast of remarkable characters from London to Seattle, Nigeria to Moldova, as the Power evolves from a tingle in teenagers’ collarbones to a complete reversal of the power balance of the world.
The Power is adapted for screen by writer, creator and executive producer Naomi Alderman, writer and executive producer Claire Wilson, and writer and co-executive producer Sarah Quintrell, working alongside an all-female writers’ room including Stacy Osei-Kuffour, Rebecca Levene and Whit Anderson. Neasa Hardiman (Jessica Jones, Happy Valley) and Lisa Gunning (whose editing credits include Fifty Shades of Grey, Seven Psychopaths and Nowhere Boy), join the all-women directing team of Reed Morano, Shannon Murphy (multi-award winning Babyteeth, Killing Eve) and Ugla Hauksdóttir (Hanna, Ófærð).
Currently in production, The Power is produced by Sister and executive produced by Jane Featherstone (Chernobyl, Giri/Haji, The Split), Naomi de Pear (Don’t Forget the Driver, This is Going to Hurt, Flowers), Naomi Alderman, Reed Morano (The Handmaid’s Tale),and Claire Wilson (Rocks, Little Drummer Girl, Gangs of London) and co-executive produced by Sarah Quintrell (Ellen, The Trial: A Murder in the Family). The series is produced by Tim Bricknell (Trust, Taboo).
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device:
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, US hits like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Homecoming; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; movies like the Academy Award-winningManchester by the Sea, The Salesman, The Big Sick and Cold War; as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis, the Rugby Union Autumn Nations Cup and Premier League football. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items as well as exclusive deals and discounts at Amazon.co.uk, exclusive content with Prime Gaming, access to ad-free music, Kindle ebooks, and unlimited photo storage. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
SISTER was co-founded by Elisabeth Murdoch, Stacey Snider and Jane Featherstone to develop, produce and invest in visionary creators. SISTER builds upon Featherstone’s Emmy and BAFTA Award-winning scripted indie, Sister Pictures, an independent, modern studio with offices in London and LA. It unites the expertise of the founders alongside a team of renowned creatives to make breakout stories across all forms of media. As well as producing hit shows including Chernobyl (Sky/HBO), Gangs of London (SKY/ AMC) and Giri/Haji (BBC/ Netflix), SISTER has made a series of bold investments in new creator-led businesses including Zando, an ambitious new publishing venture from Molly Stern, The Springhill Company, founded by LeBron James and Maverick Carter, Campside Media, a podcast studio, and AWA Studios, a comic book and digital media publisher. To learn more about SISTER and it’s work, visit www.sister.net
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.