Prime Day Delivered the Two Biggest Days Ever for Small & Medium-Sized Businesses in Amazon’s Stores Worldwide, Growing Even More than Amazon Retail, and Prime Members Saved More than Any Previous Prime Day
In the two-week lead-up to Prime Day, customers spent $1.9 billion on small business products during the Spend £10, Get £10 promotion period worldwide, more than a 100% year-on-year increase compared to the Prime Day 2020 promotion
More than 250 million items were purchased by Prime members worldwide
The Fire TV Stick 4K Ultra HD with Alexa Voice Remote was the most popular item purchased during Prime Day in the UK
AmazonSmile, which allows Amazon customers to support their favourite charity at no extra cost to the customer or charity, doubled its donations this Prime Day in the UK, with more UK customers than ever before shopping through AmazonSmile
LONDON – 00.01am 24th June 2021 — Prime Day 2021 was the biggest two-day period ever for Amazon’s third party sellers globally, nearly all of which are small and medium-sized businesses, growing even more than Amazon’s retail business. Prime members in 20 countries shopped more this Prime Day than any previous Prime Day and took advantage of deep discounts across home, fashion, beauty, electronics and more. Prime members purchased more than 250 million items worldwide and saved more than any Prime Day before.
‘For the first time this Prime Day, we offered a double donation promotion through our charity initiative AmazonSmile, which saw more UK customers shopping through AmazonSmile than ever before,’ said John Boumphrey, Amazon UK Country Manager. ‘This year, Prime Day has also been good news for small businesses, with even more customers than last year taking advantage of our ‘Spend £10, Get £10’ promotion, providing a much-needed boost to small business sellers across the country.’
Prime Day Continues to Fuel Small Business Success
Amazon invests billions in the success of its selling partners worldwide, and the two weeks leading up to Prime Day 2021 were a success for small business sellers due to the Amazon-funded Spend £10, Get £10 promotion. Globally, customers spent over $1.9 billion on more than 70 million small business products during the promotional period, more than a 100% year-on-year increase on sales compared to the Prime Day October 2020 promotion. Some of the UK small businesses selling on Amazon shared their Prime Day success stories:
“Amazon Prime Day exceeds our expectations every year. This year we saw a 20% uplift in sales. And by using Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA), it means we can fulfil thousands of orders without worrying about having more resources. As a small business, Amazon allows us to maximise our potential.” Oliver Bristowe, Founder of Pets Purest.
"We have really seen the power of Prime Day! We had increased traffic and sales were up 450% compared to non-Prime Day activity.” Ayesha Grover, Founder of STRP’D.
“This Prime Day has been a phenomenal success, resulting in our biggest sales day of the year! The increased exposure and traffic meant that a vast number of customers found us in droves, which has enabled even more people to connect with others and show their appreciation with our thoughtful gifts. Thank you Amazon for your small business support!” Fiona Thomas, Founder of Life’s Little Recipes.
Prime Day Saw More UK Customers than Ever Before Shopping Through AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile, an initiative launched in the UK in 2017 which enables Amazon customers to support their favourite charity at no extra cost to the customer or charity, doubled its donations this Prime Day in the UK. As an added bonus for Prime members who activated AmazonSmile in the free Amazon Shopping App between 2nd - 22nd June, Amazon increased the donation rate to 5% on the first qualifying Prime Day purchase to the customer’s chosen charity – 10x the regular donation rate. Thanks to these promotions, this Prime Day saw more UK customers than ever before shopping through AmazonSmile.
Customers can generate donations for their favourite charities through AmazonSmile all year round through either the Amazon Shopping App (turn AmazonSmile ON under “Settings”) or at smile.amazon.co.uk. Head to smile.amazon.co.uk/about to find out more.
Amazon Devices and Alexa: Prime Members Took Advantage of Incredible Savings on Amazon Devices Throughout Prime Day
- Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote was the most popular item purchased during Prime Day globally and in the UK with customers purchasing more Fire TV 4K streaming media players globally on Prime Day this year than any previous Prime Day.
- Worldwide, customers purchased a record-setting number of Fire TVs, from brands including Toshiba and Insignia, during Prime Day and the two weeks leading up to this year's event.
- Customers purchased hundreds of thousands of Amazon Fire tablets and Fire Kids tablets this Prime Day globally, including the all-new Fire HD 10 tablet, Fire HD 8 tablet and Fire HD 8 Kids tablet.
Global Prime Day Trends
Top selling products and categories globally included:
- Best-selling categories worldwide for Prime Day 2021 included Tools, Beauty, Nutrition, Baby Care, Electronics including Amazon Devices, Apparel and Household Products.
- Top-selling products worldwide for Prime Day 2021 included iRobot Roomba 692 Robot Vacuum, Keurig K-Slim Coffee Maker, Apple Cider Vinegar Gummy Vitamins by Goli Nutrition and Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips.
- Prime members worldwide saved while gearing up for back to school purchasing more than 600,000 backpacks, 1 million laptops, 1 million headphones, 240,000 notebooks, 40,000 calculators and 220,000 Crayola products.
UK Best Sellers
Top selling products and categories in the UK Included:
- The Fire TV Stick 4K Ultra HD with Alexa Voice Remote was the most popular item purchased during Prime Day in the UK.
- Prime Day Top Selling Categories: Some of the top categories Prime members shopped and saved on Prime Day in the UK included Hardware, Skin Care, Devices, Spirits and Make-up.
- Top Sellers: Some of the top-selling products in the UK during Prime Day, excluding Amazon Devices, were the: Shark Anti Hair Wrap Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Andrex 54 Toilet Rolls,Jack Daniel's Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey, Finish All-in-One Max Dishwasher Tablets, CeraVe SA Smoothing Cleanser,Pinch of Nom Everyday Light Recipe Book and Oral-B Smart 6 6000N CrossAction Electric Toothbrush.
- Small and Medium-Sized Business Top Selling Categories: Top-selling categories for third-party selling partners included Lighting, Exercise and Fitness, Skincare, Housewares, Headphones, Linens, Wireless Accessories, Nail Care and Outdoors.
- Small and Medium-Sized Business Top Sellers: Top-selling products in the UK from third-party selling partners included the: Greenzla Reusable Make-up Remover Pads, Gritin Resistance Bands, Dreamon Take Apart Dinosaur Toys, Solar Garden String Lights and Anker Power Bank.
UK Best Sellers by Category
Top selling products in the UK in the below categories included:
- Beauty:CeraVe SA Smoothing Cleanser, Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara and Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
- Consumer Electronics: Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Sony WF-1000XM3 Truly Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones and Sennheiser HD 450BT Wireless Headphones.
- Grocery:Lindt Lindor Treat Bar 38 g (Pack of 24), Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Gift Box, 42 Chocolates and Barr American Cream Soda Fizzy Drink Cans.
- Books:Pinch of Nom Everyday Light Recipe Book, All On The Board: Inspirational Quotes from the TFL Underground Duo and Five Minute Mum: Time For School.
- Toys:LEGO Architecture London Skyline Model Building Set, LEGO F.R.I.E.N.D.S 25th Anniversary Collectors Set and Panini UEFA Euro 2020 Sticker Collection (x50 Packs).
- Pets:Pedigree Dentastix Daily Dental Care Chews, Large Dog Treats Box, Tractive GPS Dog Tracker and ADAPTIL Calm Home 30 Day Starter Kit.
- Kitchen: Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker and Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
- Personal Care Appliances:Oral-B Smart 6 6000N CrossAction Electric Toothbrush, Revlon Salon One-Step Volumizer for mid to long hair and Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device.
- Video Games:PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller + Charging Station, Oculus Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset and LEGO Harry Potter Collection (Nintendo Switch).
- Home Improvement:Command Picture & Frame Hanging Strips Value Pack, Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 cordless combi drill and Flymo 9669523-01 Contour XT Electric Grass Trimmer.
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
Some of the top selling deals globally, excluding Amazon Devices, included:
- United Kingdom: Shark Anti Hair Wrap Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, CeraVe SA Smoothing Cleanser, Jack Daniel's Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey
- United States: Waterpik Electric Water Flosser, Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, 23andMe Health DNA Test, iRobot Roomba 692 Robot Vacuum and Instant Pot Duo Plus 6 Quart 9-in-1 Pressure Cooker.
- United Arab Emirates: Fairy Lemon Dishwashing Liquid Soap, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Dual SIM 128GB and Neutrogena Face Moisturizer Water Gel.
- Turkey: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 inç Wi-Fi 2019 (Silver), Master Zacharius by Jules Verne (IsBank Cultural Publications Modern Classics - 110) and SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Bellek.
- Spain and Portugal: Finish Powerball All in 1 Max all-in-1 dishwasher tablets, Dodot Sensitive baby diapers and Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T 5G smartphone.
- Singapore: Vita Coco Natural Coconut Water, Wolf Blass Red Label Australia Cabernet Merlot Red Wine, ENPHO Body Fat Scale Smart BMI Scale Digital Bathroom Wireless Weight Scale, Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc white wine, 750ml and SongHe Thai Fragrant Rice.
- Saudi Arabia: Samsung Galaxy M12 Dual SIM Smartphone, Fairy Lemon Dish Washing Liquid Soap and Vaseline Body Lotion Essential Healing.
- Netherlands: Oral-B Precision Clean Brush Heads with CleanMaximiser Technology, Pack of 10 Pieces, Robijn Detergent Small & Powerfull Color and SanDisk SDSQXA1 Extreme Micro SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card with Adapter 128GB.
- Mexico: Razer Kraken Tournament Edition, Maybelline Mascara lash sensational sky high, Eureka Blaze Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
- Luxembourg: Beurer BR 60 Insektenstichheiler, zur Behandlung von Insektenstichen, Pampers Aqua Pure Baby Feuchttücher and BRITA Wasserfilter Marella weiß inkl. 12 MAXTRA+ Filterkartuschen.
- Japan: Yakan-no-Mugicha (barley tea), ICY SPARK from CANADA DRY and Jyokin JOY Compact Dishwashing Detergent Refill 1330mL.
- Italy: Borbone Represso Coffee Capsules, “Omino Bianco” Liquid Sanitizing Washing Machine Detergent and Oral-B CrossAction Replacement Heads for Electric Toothbrush with CleanMaximiser Technology.
- Germany and Austria: Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Android Tablet, Beurer BR 60 Insektenstichheiler, zur Behandlung von Insektenstichen and Tanqueray Blackcurrant Royale Distilled Gin.
- France: Philips OneBlade replacement blades, Pampers Nappies and Oral-B CrossAction Toothbrush Head with CleanMaximiser Technology.
- China: L'Oréal Paris Age Perfect Zell Renaissance Face Care Set for Women, Olay Regenerist Luminous Skin Tone Perfecting Serum and Philips Sonicare Basic Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads.
- Brazil: Positivo Smart Lamp, Heinz Tomato Sauce, OMO Washing Powder and Mondial Air Fryer.
- Belgium: BRITA Wasserfilter Marella weiß inkl. 12 MAXTRA+ Filterkartuschen, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7, Android Tablet, Microsoft 365 Family 6 Nutzer Mehrere PCs/Macs and Tablets und mobile Geräte.
- Australia: DualSense Wireless Controller - PlayStation 5, Bosch 91-Piece V-Line Titanium Drill Bit and Screwdriver Bit Set with Ratcheting Screwdriver and Panasonic AA Ready-To-Use Ni-MH Rechargeable Eneloop Batteries.
Notes to Editors:
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime offers the best of shopping and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In the UK that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV shows with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 2 million songs plus thousands of stations and playlists with Amazon Music, free in-game content and games with Prime Gaming, more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, access to Audible Channels for Prime, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and incredible savings with Prime Day. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free delivery. Prime members in the UK receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories and unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in Greater London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and more. Prime members can also complete their full grocery shop, and choose from thousands of fresh grocery products, famous brands and household essentials, at great prices with free, two-hour delivery windows on orders over £40 – from Amazon Fresh and Morrisons at Amazon. University students and apprentices can enjoy the benefits of Prime, including exclusive student discounts, by joining Prime Student – with a six-month trial and then 50% off Prime after that at amazon.co.uk/joinstudent. Check if you’re eligible for a free trial of Prime at Amazon.co.uk/prime. New members can try Prime for 30 days for free. Prime membership costs £79.00 a year or £7.99 a month.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.
For further information please contact:
Amazon UK Press Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy PR Email: PrimeDay@theacademypr.com
For press imagery please visit: amazon.co.uk/pr