Premier League matches to be available on Prime Video in the UK, at no extra cost to a Prime membership
Amazon Prime Video secures rights from 2019/20 season in 3-year deal
Every Premier League club will be featured across two full rounds of 20 matches per season, including Bank Holiday fixtures, plus weekly highlights throughout the season
Deal will represent the first time a full round of Premier League fixtures will be broadcast live in the UK
All available to Prime members in the UK at no extra cost to their membership
London – 7 June, 2018 – Amazon and the Premier League today announces that from 2019, live and exclusive Premier League matches, and weekly highlights packages, will be available on Prime Video in the UK at no extra cost to a Prime membership.
The Premier League is the most-watched sports league in the world, and from the 2019/20 season UK Prime members will have exclusive access to watch 20 matches per season, comprising two full fixture rounds – the first December midweek round and the festive Bank Holiday round - featuring live coverage of every Premier League team. This will be the first time a full round of Premier League fixtures will be broadcast live in the UK. In addition, Prime members will be able to watch weekly highlights of all Premier League matches throughout the season.
The Premier League joins Prime Video’s growing stable of live sports, including US Open Tennis, ATP World Tour Tennis events and NFL games, all currently available to watch on Prime Video in the UK at no extra cost to a Prime membership. Premier League matches will also be available alongside Prime Video’s critically acclaimed and award winning Prime Original drama, comedy and sports docu-series.
“We are always looking to add more value to Prime, and we’re delighted to now offer, for the first time, live Premier League matches to Prime members at no extra cost to their membership,” said Jay Marine, Vice President of Prime Video in Europe. “The Premier League is the most watched sports league in the world. Over these two December fixture rounds Prime members will be able to watch every team, every game, so no matter which Premier League team you support, you’re guaranteed to see them play live on Prime Video.”
Premier League Executive Chairman Richard Scudamore said: “Amazon is an exciting new partner for the Premier League and we are very pleased they have chosen to invest in these rights.
“Prime Video will be an excellent service on which fans can consume live Premier League football – including for the first time in the UK a full round of matches – and we look forward to working with them from season 2019/20 onwards.”
There are more than 100 million Prime members worldwide, including millions of Prime members in the UK. In addition to access to thousands of movies and TV episodes available to stream and download through Prime Video, including critically acclaimed and award winning Prime Original series like The Grand Tour, Transparent, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and The Man In The High Castle, Prime members in the UK enjoy benefits including One-Day delivery on millions of items along with exclusive early access to Amazon Lightning Deals; more than 2 million songs available to stream and download through Prime Music; access to ebooks, recent magazine issues, comics, Kindle Singles, and more through Prime Reading; exclusive discounts on pre-order boxed video games and bonus game content with Twitch Prime; and unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos; all for just £7.99/month, or best value annual membership of £79/year. Find out more at www.amazon.co.uk/prime.
Prime Video UK Press Office: W: amazon.co.uk/pr E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Premier League Press Office: W: email@example.com
Notes To Editors
Sport on Prime Video
Premier League matches joins a great selection of live and on-demand sports content available on Prime Video, including:
- Live Sports included in Prime: Prime members around the world have already enjoyed NFL Thursday Night Football matches at no extra cost to their membership, which will return to Prime Video later this year. In June, Prime members in the U.K. and Ireland can watch live and on-demand content covering the ATP’s Queen’s Club Championships and Eastbourne International on Prime Video, a partnership that will feature 37 ATP World Tour events annually beginning in 2019. This year, UK Prime members will also be able to enjoy live and on-demand coverage of US Open Tennis exclusively on Prime Video, along with the Next Gen ATP Finals, all available to stream at no extra cost to a Prime membership.
- Live Sports available via Prime Video Channels: Prime Video Channels allows Prime members to add individual channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee. Prime members can access sports content by subscribing to services such as Eurosport Player in the U.K. to enjoy the French Open Tennis, Wimbledon final and Tour de France; Eurosport Player in Germany to enjoy Bundesliga matches; and CBS All Access in the U.S., which provides coverage of the NFL, NCAA football and basketball, and the PGA Tour.
- Sports Docuseries included in Prime: Prime Original sports docuseries All or Nothing: New Zealand All Blacks launched exclusively on Prime Video on 1st June and All or Nothing: Manchester City, featuring all the behind-the-scenes action from the club’s Premier League winning season, is coming to Prime Video later this year. Le Mans: Racing is Everything, GRAND PRIX Driver and four seasons of the behind-the-scenes sports docuseries All or Nothing with American Football teams Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Dallas Cowboys and Michigan Wolverines are available to stream on Prime Video at no extra cost to a Prime membership.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including award-winning Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick; plus exclusive TV shows like American Gods, Preacher and Mr Robot; live sport and self-published content. All part of Prime Video, which is now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 60+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu and more— no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and TV shows available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy at any time
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and Apple TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.co.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Watch anywhere with mobile and tablet downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free delivery options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited access to a rotating selection of thousands of books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.co.uk/prime.
About the Premier League
The Premier League produces some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world.
The League and its clubs use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities, and partners in the UK and across the world.
The Premier League brings people together from all backgrounds. It is a competition for everyone, everywhere and is available to watch in 1 billion homes in 189 countries.