Introducing Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale – A New Shopping Event for Members to Save Big – Taking Place 11th and 12th October
The new 48-hour event gives Prime members exclusive early access to some amazing deals, including giftable products from LEGO and Melissa & Doug, Shark and Samsung, and some of Amazon’s lowest prices of the year so far on select products from brands like Elemis, Braun and Tefal
Not a Prime member? Sign up now for a 30-day free trial to participate in Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale, check eligibility at amazon.co.uk/prime
LONDON – 06.00am – 26th September 2022—(NASDAQ: AMZN)— Amazon unveils the Prime Early Access Sale, a new two-day shopping event exclusive to Prime members. The event begins 11th October at 12 a.m. BST and runs through 12th October in 15 countries: Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, the UK, and the U.S. The Prime Early Access Sale gives members a chance to kick off the festive shopping season early with hundreds of thousands of deals globally, from fashion and electronics, to toys and everyday essentials. Prime members will find top brands such as Shark, Nespresso, Philips, Oral-B, Samsung, Xiaomi, iRobot, LEGO, Melissa & Doug and Hasbro, and some incredible savings on top of Amazon’s already low prices. Taking place six weeks ahead of Black Friday, this new, exclusive Prime benefit provides an additional opportunity for members to get their hands on what they need, for less, whilst helping to spread out their seasonal spending. Learn more about this new benefit or join Prime at amazon.co.uk/earlyaccess.
“Across the UK, our Prime members will get the opportunity to start shopping some of the season’s top deals before anyone else with Amazon’s new Prime Early Access Sale,” said John Boumphrey, UK Country Manager of Amazon. “You may not be ready for Panto and mince pies but with fewer than 90 days until Christmas, it’s not too early to start planning your shopping for the festive season ahead, and this exclusive 48-hour sales event will help people save money and shop smarter as we head into the festive season.”
Start Saving Now
Whilst Christmas is still a couple of months away, October is a good time to get organized and spread out some of the season’s shopping, whether that is gift buying or simply stocking up. Members don’t have to wait to take advantage of new and existing Prime benefits and offers.
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months free—with 90 million songs ad-free and in HD, plus millions of podcast episodes. Non-Prime members are eligible for three months free. Offer available starting on September 26 and ending October 12th.
- Get 1-year of FREE Deliveroo Plus: Prime members in the UK can enjoy unlimited free delivery on their favourite restaurants when they spend £25 or more with 1-year free Deliveroo Plus Silver. Service fee and terms apply.
- Score Deals on Prime Video: Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership. In addition to a vast collection of movies, series, and sports included with Prime Video, starting 30th September through 7th October, Prime members can enjoy a selection of new and popular titles to rent or buy at up to 50% off.
You Shop, Amazon Gives
AmazonSmile is Amazon’s charity initiative that allows customers to support their favourite charity, be it local or national, big or small, at no extra cost to the customer or charity. Year round, each time customers shop eligible products with AmazonSmile turned on in the Amazon Shopping App or at smile.amazon.co.uk, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price to the customer’s chosen charity.
Prime Early Access Sale is available to shop on amazon.co.uk/earlyaccess, or the Amazon mobile shopping app.
Fast, Free & Convenient Delivery Options
- Free One-Day & Same-Day Delivery: Prime members in the UK can shop items eligible for Free One-Day Delivery. Prime members in Greater London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and more can access Free Same-Day Delivery for eligible items check the detail page for cut-off times.
- Delivery Where it’s Needed Most: Whether travelling to see family, staying home and need a secure delivery location, or sending a gift to a loved one or friend, there are thousands of conveniently located Amazon hub package pickup locations customers can choose across the country.
More Opportunities to Join Prime
Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.co.uk/prime to participate in Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale, as well as all the benefits included in the program.
- Amazon Prime membership includes exclusive savings, convenience, and quality digital entertainment and more, for just £8.99 per month or £95 per year.
- Prime Student members can also take advantage of the epic deals across the 48-hour event as part of their membership, which is only £4.49 per month. Those studying can sign up for a 6-month trial of Prime Student at amazon.co.uk/joinstudent.
Deliveries Backed by Amazon’s Operations Network
Fast delivery on Prime Early Access Sale orders at no extra cost is made possible thanks to Amazon’s global operations network. It’s powered by a combination of innovative technology, proximity to our customers, transportation services, dedicated employees, and partners. Amazon continues to build, innovate, and scale this network around the world – from increasing storage capacity with buildings that have the right products in the right places throughout the year, to finding the most efficient way to bring packages to customers while focusing on the safety, well-being, and career advancement of our people and partners who work across the journey of an Amazon package. From an employee preparing a customer’s order in one of our fulfilment centres to a Delivery Service Provider and the independent contractors they engage to deliver that Amazon box with a smile, it's our people and partners across our operations network who make it all possible.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime offers the best of shopping and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In the UK that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV shows with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 2 million songs plus thousands of stations and playlists with Amazon Music, free in-game content and games with Prime Gaming, more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and incredible savings with Prime Day. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast delivery at no extra cost. Prime members in the UK receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories and unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in Greater London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, and more. Prime members can also complete their full grocery shop, and choose from thousands of fresh grocery products, famous brands and household essentials, at great prices with two-hour delivery windows on orders over £40 included with Prime– from Amazon Fresh and Morrisons at Amazon. Prime members enjoy unlimited free delivery on their favourite restaurants when they spend £25 or more with 1-year free Deliveroo Plus. University students and apprentices can enjoy the benefits of Prime, including exclusive student discounts, by joining Prime Student – with a six-month trial and then 50% off Prime after that at amazon.co.uk/joinstudent in association with Microsoft Surface. Check if you’re eligible for a free trial of Prime at amazon.co.uk/prime. New members can try Prime for 30 days for free. Prime membership costs £95 a year or £8.99 a month.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.
Notes to Editors:
Follow Amazon.co.uk on Twitter: www.twitter.com/AmazonUK
Follow Amazon.co.uk on Instagram: www.instagram.com/AmazonUK
Follow Amazon.co.uk on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmazonUK
For further information please contact:
Amazon UK Press Office
The Academy PR
For press imagery please visit: amazon.co.uk/pr