Introducing the all-new Fire TV Stick: faster, more powerful, and now with Alexa—just £39.99
All-new design delivers great picture quality and fast performance, with a powerful quad-core processor and the fastest Wi-Fi of any streaming media stick
The only streaming media stick with a voice remote, the all-new Fire TV Stick enables search across apps using just your voice
Comes with Amazon Alexa—just ask and get answers to questions, manage your smart home, find things to watch and control playback
Access more than 7,000 apps, games and Alexa skills, thousands of movies and TV episodes, and an updated visual experience that makes browsing content even easier
Luxembourg—21st February 2016—Amazon today announced its all-new Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, the most powerful streaming media stick available, is coming to the UK. 30 percent faster than the previous best-selling version, the all-new Fire TV Stick is fast, powerful, and is the first UK version to ship with an Alexa Voice Remote included—all for just £39.99. It’s also the only streaming media stick with a voice remote, and is available for pre-order starting today from www.amazon.co.uk/firetvstick, shipping to customers from 6th April.
“Fire TV Stick is our fastest-selling UK device ever, and has 37,000 5-star customer reviews—today we’re making it even better,” said Jorrit Van der Meulen, Vice President, Amazon Devices International. “The all-new Amazon Fire TV Stick has been completely redesigned with incredible performance, powerful voice search and the included Alexa-powered remote to deliver fast access to a vast selection of movies, TV shows, games and Alexa skills—all for just £39.99."
New design, new UI, now with Alexa
With the new Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, customers have access to a completely redesigned interface that makes finding what to watch even easier and more enjoyable. Fire TV Stick offers a new cinematic experience, delivering video trailers and content screenshots to help customers access the content they want—without the need to open and close multiple apps. Fire TV shows you the best viewing options—stream, rent, or buy—to help you choose apps based on convenience and value. Finding and enjoying apps and games is also easy with a customisable apps list on the home screen. Other features include:
- Great content selection—With over 7,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills, and access to thousands of movies and TV episodes, it's easy to find great content on Fire TV. Customers can choose from popular services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, Curzon Home Cinema DisneyLife, BBC News and BBC Sport, as well as Prime Video, Amazon Video and many more – and watch live TV on BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub.
- Fast and accurate voice search powered by Alexa—Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote responds quickly and lets you easily search across apps and channels. Just say "find suspense thrillers" or "open Netflix" and Alexa will respond. For Amazon Video content, you can also control playback with just your voice; just ask Alexa to "go back 30 seconds" or "jump ahead two minutes."
- Just ask Alexa—Alexa is the cloud-based voice service that powers devices like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot—and now Fire TV Stick. Alexa is always getting smarter and developers continue building new experiences, with thousands of skills already available and tens of thousands of developers globally building more. With the included Alexa Voice Remote, customers can easily ask Alexa to get the news and weather, check their commute, get sports scores, create shopping lists, play music, order a car from Uber or takeaway from Just Eat, and much more.
- Stunning video quality—With an ultra-fast quad-core processor, 802.11ac MIMO Wi-Fi and Advanced Streaming and Prediction (ASAP) for Amazon Video, you can rely on fast, fluid performance without buffering. Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote also offers support for High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC), giving customers more 1080p HD streams from their existing internet connection.
- Effortless setup—Plug the Fire TV Stick into an HDTV, attach the power adapter, connect to Wi-Fi, and start streaming in minutes. Quickly find things to watch using the included Alexa Voice Remote, or discover more to watch with personalised recommendations right from the home screen. The Fire TV Stick is also portable, making it easy to take it almost anywhere and watch all your favourite content away from home.
- Accessibility features—Fire TV Stick offers several features to support access by visually impaired customers. These include the VoiceView screen reader, automatic reading of programme information, high contrast text for easier viewing, and more.
The all-new Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote is available for pre-order beginning today for £39.99 from www.amazon.co.uk/firetvstick and will ship to customers on 6th April. The all-new Fire TV Stick will also be available at Dixons Carphone, Argos, John Lewis, Tesco, Maplin and Shop Direct.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about.