Get ready…Amazon announces epic deals and exclusive offers ahead of Prime Day 2019
Every Day leading up to Prime Day on 15th and 16th July, Prime members can discover all kinds of great deals and limited-time offers, from daily essentials to the latest in tech, fashion and homeware
Prime Day 2019 starts at 00.01am on Monday, 15th July and – for the first time ever – runs for 48 hours, offering members two full days of the best in shopping and entertainment with great savings to be had
Just ahead of Prime Day, Amazon Business makes buying for work even easier and more convenient with the launch of Business Prime
LONDON – 01 July 2019 – Prime Day is coming and this year Prime members will have access to over one million deals worldwide, with more early deals and exclusive offers live on site from today. Prime Day starts at 00.01am on Monday, 15th July and runs until 11.59pm on Tuesday 16th July, offering UK Prime members more great offers than ever before across a two-day parade of non-stop deals and world-class entertainment.
Deals Live Now
Every day leading up to Prime Day, Prime members will discover all kinds of exclusive offers and deals. Those new to Prime can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.co.uk/prime to make sure they don’t miss out. Deals live today include:
- Amazon Fashion: Save up to 40% on Amazon fashion brands
- Amazon Handmade: Save up to 30% on selected Amazon Handmade products, including jewellery, accessories, home décor, baby products and gifts
- find. Beauty: Save up to 60% on the find. beauty collection
- Amazon Pantry: For cupboard and household essentials, pet supplies and snacking, save up to 30% on Amazon Pantry
- Amazon Baby Wishlist: Prepare for baby’s arrival, with up to 30% off products added to your Amazon Baby Wishlist
- Amazon Music: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier for just £0.99 and enjoy unlimited access to more than 50 million songs, ad-free
- Prime Video Channels: TV and movie fans can subscribe to some of their favourite channels and get 50% off the first three months of their subscription. Channels include Starzplay, Discovery, MGM, Shudder, Sundance Now and History Play
- Kindle Unlimited: Explore Kindle Unlimited on any device for 3 months for £0.00
- Save up to 30% on daily essentials by Amazon, including grocery, pet food and sports nutrition
- Save up to 20% off Amazon Basics, for everyday household items and travel products
Prime Day is more than just deals and Amazon has teamed up with brands around the world to offer new and special-edition products exclusively to Prime members. Prime Day Launches feature brand-new products available for pre-order, limited-edition items and never-before-seen collections that are available exclusively to Prime members on Amazon for a limited time. Launches available to purchase on site from today include Philips in-ear headphones and theufy RoboVac 15C MAX.
Prime Day Party with Rita Ora in London
Prime members will enjoy a parade of world-class entertainment, with chart-topping global superstar Rita Ora headlining the unmissable Prime Day Party, presented by Amazon Music, in London on 10th July. Hot off the back of her first ever headline arena tour, the British pop icon, supported by BBC Sound of 2017 winner Ray BLK, will kick off celebrations in the UK ahead of Amazon’s biggest ever Prime Day sale. The ballot to win complimentary tickets to this intimate event is open exclusively to Prime members now, with a limited number of tickets available on the day to the general public. For the chance to see Rita Ora and Ray BLK live, customers can visit www.amazon.co.uk/primedayparty.
The Global Prime Day Concert with Taylor Swift
The Prime Day Party in the UK joins the growing number of Prime Day celebrations around the world, including the global Prime Day Concert, presented by Amazon Music, streaming live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries at 02:00am (BST) on Thursday 11th July. Prime members will enjoy a front row seat to stream the global Prime Day Concert, including a headlining set from Taylor Swift who will be performing songs including her brand-new chart-topping singles “You Need to Calm Down” and “Me!” The global Prime Day Concert will provide an unforgettable experience for members worldwide with additional performances from artists including two-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist Dua Lipa, multi-award-winning artist SZA, and global superstar Becky G. Hosted by award-winning actress Jane Lynch (The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel, Glee). The concert will be available to stream on-demand after the live show for a limited time on Prime Video, including select songs from each performance. For more details on the show, and to add it to your watch list, head to primevideo.com/primedayconcert.
Twitch Prime Crown Cup Tournament
On 13th July, celebrities, top streamers, and Prime members will descend on London and Las Vegas for Twitch Prime Crown Cup tournaments featuring Apex Legends and a top EA SPORTS game—an eight-hour livestreamed extravaganza filled with games, stars, and frenetic, friendly competition. It all happens live on twitch.tv/twitchprime, starting at 6 p.m. BST. As the Twitch Prime Crown Cup gets underway in London, fans will watch world-class athletes and celebrities including Olympic gold medalist runner Sir Mo Farah, legendary footballer Thierry Henry, and five-time X Games gold medalist street skateboarder Leticia Bufoni compete against each other in a top EA SPORTS title. An audience of Prime members will get up-close and personal with the stars as they cheer on their favorites live from London.
Ahead of Prime Day, Amazon Business today announced the launch of Business Prime, a new service providing additional benefits for businesses of all sizes in the UK, making buying online for work even easier and more convenient. As well as access to Prime delivery benefits, Business Prime helps members save money with Spend Visibility and improve compliance with purchasing policies through Guided Buying. On 15th and 16th July, Business Prime members will have access a range of great deals on products across site. Businesses can sign up to Business Prime here.
The Best Ways to Shop on Prime Day
There are plenty of ways to make the most of the Prime Day sale including:
- Watch A Deal – The Amazon App allows early deal watching in every country. This is the easiest way to preview, track and shop those limited time lightning deals while at home or on-the-go with deal alerts on the Amazon App. Visit amazon.co.uk/app from your mobile browser to get started.
- Alexa Shopping – Alexa makes it easy to find Prime Day deals. Just ask, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?”
- Shop deals on everything you’re in to – Find deals organised by most-shopped-for interests. From TVs & Home Entertainment and Smart Home to Kids Corner, Video Games, Amazon Devices and more – discover deals that you’ll love even faster.
- Search Deals – Members can search Prime Day deals through the search box on the top of our site.
- AmazonSmile – Customers who shop deals directly at smile.amazon.co.uk will find the two-day parade of epic deals, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to the charity of their choice. Customers can choose from more than ten thousand charitable organisations around the UK.
- Create a Wish List – Add items to your Wish List and receive notifications if your top picks are included in a deal.
Amazon UK Press Office
Tel: 0203 942 1793
Notes to Editors:
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day and was built on the foundation of unlimited fast delivery. Prime members receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories; unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and same-day delivery slots with Prime Now at no extra charge between 8am and 10pm across more than 30% of the U.K. population in selected postcodes in Birmingham, Glasgow, Hertfordshire, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Portsmouth, Surrey and South Yorkshire. Over 100 million paid members worldwide also enjoy the many benefits of Prime over and above unlimited fast delivery including the best of shopping and entertainment on Prime Day. In the U.K. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to over 2 million songs with Prime Music; access to Audible Channels for Prime; unlimited access to thousands of books and magazines with Prime Reading; access to Prime Wardrobe, Amazon Fashion’s ‘try before you buy’ service which aims to make shopping for fashion more convenient than ever; unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos; access to Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals; one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads and more. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at Amazon Prime at amazon.co.uk/prime. University and further education students should check out Prime Student, available for just £3.99 per month or £39 a year.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.