COMING OF AGE SPY SERIES ALEX RIDER TO PREMIERE ON AMAZON PRIME VIDEO IN THE UK ON 4th JUNE
Based on the best-selling book franchise with 20+MM books sold worldwide
Alex Rider is Produced by Eleventh Hour Films and Sony Pictures Television for Amazon Studios In The UK
Click HERE for the Official Trailer
Download All Available Images HERE
LONDON, UK, 13 MAY 2020 – Amazon Prime Video has secured the UK rights to Alex Rider, a new coming of age spy-thriller series based on Point Blanc, the second novel in the Alex Rider franchise, which has become a global phenomenon selling over 20 million copies worldwide. Alex Rider will premiere on Prime Video in the UK on 4th June, with all 8 episodes available for UK Prime members to stream.
The series stars Otto Farrant as Alex Rider, a London based teenager who has unknowingly been trained since childhood for the dangerous world of espionage. Pressured to help investigate his uncle’s death, and how it connects to the assassination of two high-profile billionaires, Alex reluctantly assumes a new identity and goes undercover in a remote boarding school called Point Blanc. Isolated far above the snowline in the French Alps, Point Blanc claims to set the troubled teenage children of the ultra-rich back onto the right track. As Alex digs deeper, he discovers the students are in fact the subjects of a disturbing plan which Alex will have to risk his life to stop.
“We are thrilled to bring our Prime members this cinematic drama based on one of literatures most loved characters,” said Chris Bird, Head of Content, EU. “Fans of the book franchise will be delighted to hear that this new series is created by Alex Rider author Anthony Horowitz, alongside outstanding talent both in front and behind the camera. We know that there is huge anticipation for this TV series imagining of an iconic book franchise, so we’re delighted to have secured this show exclusively for Prime members in the UK.”
“I was thrilled to hear that Prime Video will introduce the Alex Rider TV series to fans,” said franchise author Anthony Horowitz. “This is such a huge, popular platform and feels like a natural home for the series. I hope that this is the start of a long creative partnership…with another twelve books ready to go!”
“At a time when the world is looking for heroes, who better to come to our aid than Alex Rider?” said Wayne Garvie, Sony Pictures Television, President, International Production, “We’re thrilled that Amazon Prime Video will be the place for Brits to watch one of their great local heroes take on global evil.”
In addition to Farrant, Alex Rider stars Stephen Dillane as Alan Blunt, commander of The Department, a secret underworld offshoot of MI6, Vicky McClure as Mrs. Jones, Blunt’s second in command, Brenock O’Connor as Rider’s best friend Tom Harris, Ronkẹ Adékọluẹ́jọ́ as Jack Starbright, Ace Bhattii as Crawley, Marli Siu as Kyra and Andrew Buchan as Ian Rider.
Anthony Horowitz, the author of the franchise, serves as an Executive Producer alongside Jill Green, Eve Gutierrez, series writer Guy Burt, and Andreas Prochaska, who also co-directed the series with Christopher Smith.
Amazon Studios Press Contacts:
Lauren Goddard: email@example.com
The Academy: AmazonPrimeVideo@theacademypr.com
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Homecoming; the Academy Award-winningManchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick and Cold War, and Mindy Kaling’s Late Night; plus exclusive TV shows like American Gods, Vikings and Outlander; as well as live sport including ATP Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football, and self-published content. All part of Prime Video, which is now available in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. To view the full list of channels available, visit co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of TV shows available for allAmazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant Access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the Talk Talk TV set top box, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Watch anywhere with mobile and tablet downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free delivery options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited access to a rotating selection of thousands of books and magazines with Prime Reading, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.co.uk/prime.
About Sony Pictures Television
Sony Pictures Television (“SPT”) is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating 25 wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.
About Eleventh Hour Films
Established in 2010, Eleventh Hour Films is an ideas driven independent production company with a breadth of experience producing drama of the highest quality, both in the UK and internationally.
The company’s productions include Safe House (ITV), New Blood (BBC One), Foyles War (ITV), Collision (ITV).
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.