Autumn Nations Cup Rugby Union To Be Available On Prime Video UK With Exclusive Matches At No Extra Cost To A Prime Membership
Amazon Prime Video secures rights to this Autumn’s brand new international Rugby Union tournament featuring England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Italy, Georgia and Fiji
The competition, played across four weekends of games, will be the first competitive Autumn international tournament and the first full tournament after a six month break in international rugby
The games will be fronted by Gabby Logan alongside Bryan Habana and other top class rugby names
LONDON, UK– 11 September 2020 – Amazon today announces that this November and December, live international Rugby Union will be coming to Prime Video in the UK for a brand new tournament – the Autumn Nations Cup, with matches exclusively available. Live rugby joins a host of live sports available on Prime Video at no extra cost to Prime members, including US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
The Autumn Nations Cup will be the first competitive Autumn international tournament and the first full tournament after a six month break for international rugby. The tournament will be played across four weekends of games featuring the Six Nations, namely England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France and Italy and two guest teams: Georgia and Fiji. Every game, apart from Ireland’s three pool matches which will be shown live on Channel 4, will be available exclusively on Prime Video in the UK. Prime Video will also co-broadcast the England v Ireland fixture, played at Twickenham alongside Channel 4. The games will run from Friday 13th November until Sunday 6th December and be fronted by Gabby Logan, Bryan Habana and other top class rugby names who will deliver the on screen action to fans. The tournament starts as a round-robin format featuring two groups, each containing three of the Six Nations teams and one guest team, concluding with a knock-out finals weekend. Prime Video’s exclusive fixtures will include seismic clashes including Wales v England and England v Ireland as well as all Finals featuring the top performing teams from both groups.
“We are excited and privileged to work with Six Nations Rugby and the eight participating unions in to bring this new tournament to viewers across the UK on Prime Video,” said Alex Green, MD Prime Video Sport Europe. “It is a unique event bringing a new level of competitiveness to Autumn international rugby and will offer something back to all the fans who have missed top-level rugby. We will be offering mouth-watering clashes featuring the top international teams in the Northern Hemisphere exclusively to UK Prime members at no additional charge to their membership.”
Ben Morel, CEO Six Nations Rugby commented, “We are delighted to welcome Amazon Prime Video on board as a broadcast partner for the Autumn Nations Cup, and to have such a major global player demonstrate their commitment to rugby is a tremendous endorsement for our game. Amazon Prime Video has already established a reputation for delivering high level production in live sport which we have seen through their coverage of the Premier League, ATP and WTA Tennis, and NFL. We are hugely excited by their initial plans for the Autumn Nations Cup and are confident rugby lovers will thoroughly enjoy the coverage.”
The Autumn Nations Cup supports a growing line-up of live sports on Prime Video, including Premier League football matches and ATP, WTA and US Open Tennis in the UK plus NFL Thursday Night Football games available to customers worldwide. This is in addition to a selection of Amazon Original sports docuseries, including All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, All or Nothing: Manchester City, All or Nothing: New Zealand All Blacks, and All or Nothing seasons with American Football teams, as well as Andy Murray: Resurfacing, women’s No.1 tennis film, Unraveling Athena, Take Us Home: Leeds United and Steven Gerrard’s Make Us Dream. Coverage will be available to watch with the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, games consoles, set-top-boxes, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, or online.
Prime Video UK Press Office:
Notes To Editors
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device:
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour and All or Nothing: Manchester City, US hits like Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Homecoming; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; movies like the Academy Award-winningManchester by the Sea, The Salesman, The Big Sick and Cold War; plus as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football, and self-published content. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items at Amazon.co.uk, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.