Amazon Prime Video Greenlights Psychological Thriller Wilderness
Produced by Firebird Pictures, the UK Amazon Original series will be written by Marnie Dickens and executive produced by Elizabeth Kilgarriff
Filming starts next year, with the series due to launch in 2023 exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories
LONDON—14 September 2021—A new psychological thriller, Wilderness, will launch on Amazon Prime Video in 2023. The UK Original series, based on B.E. Jones’ novel of the same name, will be written, created, and executive produced by Marnie Dickens, executive produced by Elizabeth Kilgarriff, produced by Firebird Pictures for Amazon Studios, and will premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in 2023 in over 240 countries and territories.
British couple Liv and Will seem to have it all: A rock-solid marriage, a glamorous new life in New York thousands of miles from their provincial hometown, and still young enough to feel that their whole lives are ahead of them. Until Liv learns about Will’s affair. Heartbreak is swiftly followed by another emotion—fury. Revenge is her only option, and when Will proposes a trip around America’s epic National Parks to give their relationship a fresh start, she knows just the place…
Wilderness is a twisted love story, where a dream holiday and a supposedly “happily-ever-after” life quickly turn into a living nightmare.
Marnie Dickens said, “Wilderness is pure, unadulterated fun, where our heroine Liv says the things you wish you had the guts to, does the things you can only fantasise about, and lives by her own increasingly outrageous set of rules. I’m thrilled to bring the Prime Video audience along for her ride.”
“I’m delighted to be adding Wilderness to our growing roster of premium UK Original scripted series,” said Dan Grabiner, head of UK Originals, Amazon Studios. “It’s a deliciously twisted thriller, and Marnie Dickens and the talented team at Firebird Pictures are the perfect combination to deliver it.”
Elizabeth Kilgarriff said, “We’re so excited to be bringing Marnie’s gripping and provocative scripts to life with the fantastic team at Amazon. Taking B.E. Jones’ brilliant story and super-charging it for the screen, Wilderness asks just how far you would go to get revenge on the person who ripped out your heart.”
Wilderness will join the thousands of TV shows and movies in the Prime Video catalogue, including UK-produced Amazon Original series such as Good Omens, Clarkson’s Farm, The Grand Tour, and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, as well as forthcoming UK-produced Amazon Originals Series The Rig, The Devil’s Hour, Mammals, All or Nothing: Arsenal, Jungle, Lovestruck High, Anansi Boys, and The Power; hit movies like Coming 2 America, Golden Globe-winner and Academy Award-nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, the Golden Globe- and Academy Award-nominated movies One Night in Miami and Sound of Metal; and critically acclaimed global Amazon Original series including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Homecoming, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, all available on Prime Video at no extra cost for Prime members. Prime Video also offers Prime members in the UK live coverage of Premier League football matches, Autumn Nations Cup international rugby union tournament, plus exclusive coverage of ATP Tour and US Open tennis.
Prime members will be able to watch all episodes of Wilderness anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the TalkTalk TV set top box, Sky Q, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV, or online at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in the UK and Ireland at no extra cost to a Prime membership for just £7.99 a month or £79 per year. New customers can find out more at amazon.co.uk/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport, and more—all available to watch on practically any device:
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, US hits like The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, Nine Perfect Strangers, and Little Fires Everywhere; movies like Coming 2 America and the Golden Globe-winning Borat Subsequent Moviefilm; as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis, the Rugby Union Autumn Nations Cup, and Premier League football. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY, and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items as well as exclusive deals and discounts at Amazon.co.uk, exclusive content with Prime Gaming, access to ad-free music, Kindle ebooks, and unlimited photo storage. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
About Firebird Pictures
Firebird Pictures is a scripted production company set up by former BBC Executives Elizabeth Kilgarriff and Craig Holleworth in 2019. With a particular focus on character-led contemporary series for both UK and international audiences, Firebird puts storytellers – both established and emerging - at the heart of everything they do and are committed to bringing new voices to the screen.
Elizabeth Kilgarriff is an Emmy-nominated producer and former Senior Commissioning Editor for BBC Drama, whose multi award-winning portfolio of work includes Emmy and Golden Globe nominated Bodyguard, Bafta winning thrillers The Cry and The Victim, Emmy nominated Luther and the critically acclaimed Thirteen. Formerly Head of Business for BBC Drama and BBC Films, Craig Holleworth worked across shows such as Doctor Who, Peaky Blinders and His Dark Materials.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.