Amazon Prime Video Confirms A Second Series Of Clarkson’s Farm
Following the launch of the critically acclaimed and customer hit series Clarkson’s Farm in June, the UK Amazon Original series produced by Expectation has been rapidly renewed for a second season, and will be available exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories
LONDON, UK – 21 July, 2021 – Amazon Prime Video will return to Clarkson’s Farm for series 2, following the success of the UK Original series in June. Filming for season 2 has commenced, and the new series will launch exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories.
Viewers can expect a deeper insight into another year on Diddly Squat Farm as Jeremy aims to diversify, expanding his limited agricultural knowledge under the watchful eye of his no-nonsense team; tractor driver Kaleb, stone wall favourite Gerald, advisor ‘Cheerful’ Charlie, Jeremy’s better-half-turned-farm-shop-keeper Lisa and many more. Series 2 promises to bring more laughs, triumphs and tribulations, and of course more farming faux pas, as we follow Jeremy & co on their agricultural adventure.
“I’m absolutely delighted that, once again you’ll be able to spend some time with Cheerful Charlie, Gerald, Lisa and of course, Kaleb,” said Jeremy Clarkson. “We are such a happy team.”
“Clarkson’s Farm is Jeremy’s unfiltered love letter to farming,” said Dan Grabiner, Head of UK Originals, Amazon Studios. “It is that authenticity, charm and humour, combined with the farm’s fantastic characters, which have made the series such a remarkable hit with audiences”
“We are delighted to be joining the team for another year-in-the-life of Diddly Squat, and wish Kaleb and farmers across the country luck as Mother Nature continues to take revenge on Jeremy.”
The first series of Clarkson’s Farm followed an intense, backbreaking and frequently hilarious year in the life of Britain’s most unlikely farmer, Jeremy Clarkson. Viewers saw Clarkson and his rag-tag band of agricultural associates contend with the worst farming weather in decades, disobedient animals, unresponsive crops and an unexpected pandemic. Rated 9.2 on IMDb and 5* by Prime Video viewers, Clarkson’s Farm proved popular with audiences from the get-go, with audiences and critics praising the series.
★★★★★ “An agricultural gem” – Financial Times
“What’s winning about this series is… nearly everything. It’s a sheer treat… The second episode is the funniest thing I’ve seen all year” – The Times
“It’s simply, just…really good TV” – The Guardian
“This series is very enjoyable, the supporting players are a treat” – The Telegraph
“A ruddy, muddy triumph! Clarkson’s Farm is perfect telly: educational, entertaining, funny, and even moving” - Daily Mail
“If you like Clarkson, you’ll love Clarkson’s Farm. If you hate Clarkson, you’ll love it even more” – The Sun
Clarkson’s Farm is produced by Expectation and Con Dao Productions for Amazon Studios, the Executive Producers are Peter Fincham and Andy Wilman and the Series Director is Will Yapp. Further details on the second series will be announced in due course.
Clarkson’s Farm S2 will join the thousands of TV shows and movies in the Prime Video catalogue, including UK produced Amazon Original series such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, Truth Seekers and All or Nothing: Manchester City; hit movies like Coming 2 America, Golden Globe winner and Academy Award nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, the Golden Globe and Academy Award nominated movies One Night in Miami and Sound of Metal; and critically-acclaimed global Amazon Original series including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Homecoming and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, all available on Prime Video at no extra cost for Prime members. Prime Video also offers Prime members in the UK live coverage of Premier League football matches, Autumn Nations Cup international rugby union tournament, plus exclusive coverage of ATP Tour and US Open tennis.
Prime members will be able to watch all episodes of Clarkson’s Farm S2 anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the Talk Talk TV set top box, Sky Q, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV or online at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in the UK and Ireland at no extra cost to a Prime membership for just £7.99 a month or £79 per year. New customers can find out more at amazon.co.uk/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device:
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, US hits like The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; movies like Coming 2 America and the Golden Globe-winning Borat Subsequent Moviefilm; as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis, the Rugby Union Autumn Nations Cup and Premier League football. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visitco.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items as well as exclusive deals and discounts at Amazon.co.uk, exclusive content with Prime Gaming, access to ad-free music, Kindle ebooks, and unlimited photo storage. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
Expectation is an award-winning, multi-genre, independent production company covering both scripted and non-scripted programming. Formed in 2017 by Peter Fincham and Tim Hincks, Expectation is one of the fastest growing companies in the indie sector and has built an enviable reputation for creating new drama, comedy and entertainment formats as well as breaking new talent.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.