Amazon Introduces Next Generation Fire HD 10, Fire HD 10 Kids, and Fire HD 10 Kids Pro Tablets—Faster, Lighter and Better Battery Life
All-new Fire HD 10 features a 10.1-inch Full HD display, 3GB RAM, 25% faster performance than the previous generation, upgraded 5MP front camera, and now up to 13 hours of battery life—starting at £149.99
Fire HD 10 Kids and Fire HD 10 Kids Pro come with one year of Amazon Kids+, providing access to unlimited hours of age-appropriate fun and educational content, cases built for kids, a two-year worry-free guarantee, and robust parental controls— for only £199.99
LUXEMBOURG—September 20, 2023—Amazon today announced the next generation Fire HD 10, Fire HD 10 Kids, and Fire HD 10 Kids Pro—bringing more speed, a lighter design, an upgraded front camera, and a better battery life —all at incredible value. The all-new Fire HD 10 tablets are powered by a processor that’s 25% faster than the previous generation and up to 13 hours of battery life for all day entertainment and fun for every member of the family. The new Fire HD 10 tablets are available for pre-order today and will begin shipping next month.
“The all-new Fire HD 10 tablets are faster and powered by a longer battery life, delivering a reliable and relaxing experience for the whole family at incredible value,” said Emma Gilmartin, director of Fire Tablets and Fire TV Europe. “For a complete kids tablet experience, the all-new Fire Kids tablets include one year of Amazon Kids+, providing unlimited access to educational and entertainment content designed just for kids, a kid-friendly case, a two-year worry-free guarantee, and easy-to-use parental controls.”
The all-new Fire HD 10 tablets feature:
- Faster performance—Powerful octa-core 2.0 GHz processor and 3GB RAM, with a 25% faster processor than the previous generation for seamless streaming, reading, and gaming.
- Sleek display—1”, 1080p Full HD display with 1920 x 1200 resolution brings brilliant colour to all your shows and games.
- High-definition entertainment—Enjoy millions of films, TV series, podcasts, songs, books, magazines, and apps. Play games such as Candy Crush and Roblox. Stream or watch downloaded videos with BBC iPlayer, Netflix, or Prime Video (subscriptions may be required).
- All-day battery life—Up to 13 hours of battery life for browsing the web, watching videos, reading, listening to music, and more. Available with USB-C and 9W in-box adapter for easier charging.
- Durable design—Thinner and lighter than the previous generation but just as durable with a strengthened screen made from Aluminosilicate glass.
- Upgraded camera—With the upgraded 5MP front-facing camera, Fire HD 10 is great for video calls with friends or family and for creating content for social apps like Instagram and TikTok.
- Plenty of storage—With 32GB and 64GB options, and support for up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD — customers can download and enjoy thousands of books, videos, and games.
- Family-friendly options—With Amazon Kids, parents can limit screen time, set educational goals, and manage content for up to four child profiles. The Amazon Kids browser provides filtered access to the web for school projects and more, and built-in controls are designed to help filter out inappropriate sites.
- Climate Pledge Friendly badging—Designed with sustainability in mind, Fire HD tablets are part of the growing list of Amazon devices that are reducing their carbon footprint year after year. Fire HD 10’s device packaging is made of 99% wood fibre-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources.
All-New Fire HD 10 Kids and Fire HD 10 Kids Pro
Pricing and Availability
The all-new Fire HD 10 is available for pre-order today, starting at £149.99 in Black, Lilac, and Ocean. It comes in 32GB or 64GB, and premium fabric covers are available in three colours for £42.99. Pair your Fire HD 10 with a Made for Amazon Keyboard (£52.99) and Made for Amazon Stylus Pen (£34.99) to stay on top of your day from anywhere.
Fire HD 10 Kids is available for pre-order today starting at £199.99 with 32GB of storage and a Green, Blue or Pink kid-proof case, designed to protect against bumps and drops, and featuring an adjustable kickstand that doubles as a handle. Fire HD 10 Kids Pro comes with 32GB of storage at £199.99 with a kid-friendly case in Nebula, Happy Day, or Mint. Both tablets come with a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ and customers can continue their subscription on a monthly basis, starting at £3.99 per month for Prime members. Customers can use the same Amazon Kids+ subscription across any compatible device to access even more kid-friendly content, including Fire TV, Kindle, Echo, iOS, Chromebook, or Android devices.
The all-new Fire HD 10 tablets and accessories will begin shipping next month.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.
Please download press imagery here.