Amazon Introduces Fire Tablets for Kids of All Ages: All-New Fire Kids Pro and Next-Generation Fire HD 10 Kids Tablets
Fire Kids Pro comes bundled with a full-featured Fire tablet, one year of Amazon Kids+, a new slim protective case, and a two-year worry-free guarantee—starting at £99.99
The all-new Fire Kids Pro experience is built with older kids in mind—“grown-up” look and feel, digital store access, more open web browser experience, expanded Amazon Kids+ content, flexible parental controls and, coming soon, voice and video calling
Next-generation Fire HD 10 Kids offers a brilliant 10.1” HD display and faster performance, plus all the content kids love with one year of Amazon Kids+, a kid-proof case, parental controls, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee—all for £199.99
LUXEMBOURG—April 27, 2021— Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced the all-new Fire Kids Pro tablets for school-age children and the next generation Fire HD 10 Kids tablet for kids ages 3 to 7. Now, grown-ups can choose a Fire Kids tablet experience that meets the changing needs of kids as they grow, while enjoying flexible parental controls that give adults peace of mind. Amazon also announced a new suite of Fire HD 10 tablets for entertainment and productivity.
Fire Kids Pro
The all-new Fire Kids Pro reimagines the tablet experience for school-age children with expanded, age-appropriate content and new features that empower kids to independently explore. Fire Kids Pro is an affordable kids tablet that includes everything a child needs to get started—a full-featured Fire tablet, a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ with an expanded selection of content for older kids, a slim protective case, and a two-year worry-free guarantee. Fire Kids Pro is available in three sizes and four colours and prints. And, any customer with a Fire or Fire Kids tablet can enable the new Fire Kids Pro features on their existing device using the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
The all-new Fire Kids Pro includes:
- Expanded Amazon Kids+ content: Fire Kids Pro comes with a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+, which includes a large selection of premium entertainment and educational content, now with even more of the content older kids love. Kids can choose from thousands of apps, games, books, Audible books, and songs, including, Real Football 21, Horse Haven, Lego Batman, books like Billionaire Boy, Chronicles of Narnia, and Divergent, videos such as Lego Ninjago, Mr Bean, iCarly, and Amazon Kids+ Original Super Spy Ryan, plus educational content from National Geographic, Collins Big Cat, Rabbids Coding and more.
- Digital store: In addition to Kids+ content, Kids Pro tablets include access to a digital store so kids can request apps and games like Disney+, Spotify, BBC iPlayer, Seesaw Class, Zoom and more. Kids can request apps and parents approve purchases and downloads. The digital store includes a selection of apps and games designed for children, and parents can choose to allow expanded access to additional apps. Mature and adult content is always excluded.
- Web browser: The Amazon Kids web browser now includes a setting that gives kids open but filtered access to the web for school projects and online curriculum. Built-in controls are designed to help filter out inappropriate sites. Parents can also allow and block specific sites.
- Voice and video calling: Coming soon, kids will be able to make and receive voice and video calls over Wi-Fi with parent-approved contacts who have an Echo device or the Alexa app, letting them easily chat with friends to collaborate on homework or stay in touch with family. Kids will also be able to make announcements like “I’m done with my homework” from the tablet to Alexa-enabled devices at home. Beyond communications, Alexa will not be available on Fire Kids or Fire Kids Pro tablets.
- Music: A new music page makes 10 ad-free radio stations from Fun Kids more easily accessible, including Fun Kids non-stop, Fun Kids Party and Fun Kids Pop Hits.
- Flexible parental controls: Amazon Kids free parental controls make it easy for grown-ups to manage their kids’ screen time and digital content via the Amazon Kids app or website. Grown-ups can set educational goals, age filters, time limits for both weekdays and weekends, adjust the web browser experience, turn voice and video calling on or off, approve communications contacts, approve or deny purchases from the digital store, and more.
- Grown-up look and feel: The home screen theme looks and feels more like a "grown-up" tablet. A new “For You” tab offers a personalised screen of content for easy discovery of new and recommended Amazon Kids+ content, while the “Home” tab provides easy access to the child’s screen time rules and key features such as the web browser, the digital store, and – coming soon - voice and video calling.
- Fun case and colour options: Fire Kids Pro comes with a slim case in cool colours and fun prints that protects against drops and bumps. Parents can choose from Sky Blue, Black, Doodle, and Intergalactic. The case includes an adjustable stand that makes virtual learning, game play, and video watching easy and comfortable. All Fire Kids Pro tablets include a two-year worry-free guarantee— if it breaks, return it, and Amazon will replace it for free.
“Over 20 million kids (and their parents) globally have enjoyed the award-winning Amazon Kids service. As kids’ interests expand, they naturally want to do more and need a tablet that grows with them,” said Eric Saarnio, Vice President, Amazon Devices EU. “The Fire Kids Pro offers everything parents already love from our Kids tablets with a new experience that gives school-age children even more of what they want—more content, more freedom to safely explore with new features, and more social connection. And, parents can access easy-to-use controls in the Parent Dashboard via the Amazon Kids app or website and tailor their children’s experience based on their family style—giving parents peace of mind as their kids get older.”
Fire HD 10 Kids
The next-generation Fire HD 10 Kids includes a Fire HD 10 tablet that offers up to 12 hours of battery life and USB-C for easy charging, especially for kids. The brilliant 10.1” HD display coupled with faster performance makes for a great video experience. Fire HD 10 Kids comes with a kid-proof case in Sky Blue, Aquamarine, or Lavender with a kickstand that doubles as a handle; a year of Amazon Kids+; and a two-year worry-free guarantee. It’s the perfect tablet for kids ages 3 to 7.
Amazon Kids+ provides kids unlimited access to thousands of books, movies, TV shows, Audible books, educational apps, and games—all curated by kids content experts. Amazon Kids free parental controls make it easy for grown-ups to manage their kids’ screen time and digital content. With the “Learn First” feature, grown-ups can block access to games and cartoons until after educational goals are met. These settings can be managed on the child’s device or through the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
Pricing and availability
The all-new Fire Kids Pro tablets start at £99.99 for the Fire 7 Kids Pro, £139.99 for the Fire HD 8 Kids Pro, and £199.99 for the Fire HD 10 Kids Pro. The next-generation Fire HD 10 Kids is £199.99.
Fire Kids Pro and Fire HD 10 Kids tablets are available for pre-order starting today and will begin shipping on May 26.
Amazon Kids does not require subscription fees and Amazon Kids+ subscriptions start at £1.99 per month for Prime members and £3.99 per month for customers who are not yet Prime members. Customers can use the same Amazon Kids+ subscription across any compatible device to access even more kid-friendly content, including Fire tablets, Fire TV, Kindle, iOS, Chromebook, or Android devices.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.