Amazon Channels Launches in the UK – More than 40 subscription TV channels including Discovery, Eurosport Player and ITV Hub+ now available for Amazon Prime members
Prime members can now add a wide range of TV channels to their Prime Video viewing, live and on demand, including: Discovery's premium factual entertainment series; Eurosport Player's live sport including all matches of the upcoming French Open Tennis; ITV's ad-free catch up service Hub+; Amazon's own Bollywood channel, Heera; and more than 40 others
Amazon Channels are available as individual subscriptions, from as little as £1.49 per month, with no need to buy a bundle and anytime cancellation
All Channels are available via the existing Prime Video app: customers enjoy the same user experience, one-click to subscribe and play, and anytime, anywhere access, offering an easy and straightforward way to choose the TV entertainment they want"
London – Tuesday 23 May 2017 – Amazon today announces the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract. Amazon Channels available in the UK include Discovery, Eurosport Player, ITV Hub+, hayu, MUBI, BFI Player, MGM, Hopster, Shudder, Heera (Amazon's own Bollywood channel) and many others.
Prime members in the UK can now enjoy premium factual entertainment series such as Gold Rush on Discovery, great reality TV like Keeping Up With The Kardashians on hayu, or timeless movies such as The Hobbit on MGM by signing up to the relevant subscription. Amazon Channels also brings live sport to Prime members including comprehensive coverage of the upcoming French Open Tennis 2017 tournament on Eurosport Player. Along with a range of genre TV subscriptions, Amazon Channels also offers Prime members access to Heera, Amazon's own, curated Bollywood channel, offering more than 500 movies including recent releases like Sultan starring Salman Khan.
This is the first time that some of these channels, including Discovery, have been made available independently of any ‘bundle', enabling customers to only pay for the premium TV they want to watch. Customers can click to sign up and can also click to cancel at anytime. Customer benefits include:
- More choice:
- A range of premium and genre TV channel subscriptions to add
- Live TV and on-demand
- Free trials on the majority of subscriptions
- More convenience:
- One Prime Video app
- One Amazon account: no need to switch between multiple accounts
- Unified search, browse and Amazon recommendations
- Majority of channels available to download for customers to watch anywhere, anytime
- Underpinned by Amazon's award-winning customer service
- Pay only for what you want:
- Customers only pay for what they want to watch
- No bundles
- Cancel anytime
"For the first time, Prime members in the UK and Germany will be able to choose to watch premium TV channels without having to sign up to a bundle or a contract, giving them the freedom to pay for only what they want to watch," said Alex Green, MD, Europe, Amazon Channels. "From live sport to Bollywood, arthouse cinema to reality TV, and award-winning TV shows from popular channels like Discovery and ITV, Amazon Channels gives power back to customers to choose exactly what they want to watch."
Susanna Dinnage, President of Discovery Networks UK and Chief Content Officer, International, said: "We are delighted to bring our premium factual and sports content to Amazon Prime members. This partnership underlines our strategic ambition to reach people across every screen. Amazon Prime members can now experience the shows that are loved by Discovery fans as well as enjoy an exciting summer of sport which is about to kick off on the Eurosport Player."
Simon Pitts, ITV Managing Director, Online, Pay and Interactive, said: "The ITV Hub is all about giving viewers more choice about how and when they access their favourite ITV shows, including watching without the ads via ITV Hub+ for £3.99 per month. We're delighted to be part of the Amazon Channels launch line-up in the UK."
Amazon Channels are available via the existing Prime Video app to watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, iOs and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/channels.
Additional subscriptions will be added in the coming months. Amazon Channels now available include:
- Acacia TV – Hundreds of fun and effective workouts for every fitness level for £5.99 a month
- Alchemiya – Great films and documentaries about Muslim culture and life for £3.99 a month
- Arrow Video – On demand cult classics and horror from Arrow Films for £4.99 a month
- BFI Player+ - On Demand classic British and critically acclaimed movies for £4.99 a month
- BeFit UK – Get fit fast with unlimited streaming of hundreds of workouts for £5.99 a month
- Comic Con HQ – Fan-favourite films, original programming, exclusive access and more for £4.99 a month
- Curiosity Stream – Exclusive documentaries from the world's best filmmakers in HD for £5.49 a month
- Daily Burn – On Demand and live workouts including dance, strength training, yoga, cardio and more for £9.99 a month
- Discovery – Documentaries and unscripted entertainment from Discovery for £4.99 a month
- Eurosport Player - Live and On Demand sports programming, including Grand Slam tennis, cycling and winter sports for £6.99 a month
- Fandor – A hand-picked collection of the most talked about indie, foreign and classic films for £3.49 a month
- Filmbox – Hollywood movies, favourite evergreens and popular series for £3.99 a month
- Full Moon Features - All the Full Moon classics and new releases on demand for £3.99 a month
- Gaia – Yoga, nutrition, meditation and more for £7.99 a month
- Horse & Country Play – The home of equestrianism and British country lifestyle, now on demand for £3.99 a month
- ITV Hub+ – Watch live, download your favourite ITV shows for offline viewing, and catch up on tons of ad-free episodes for £3.99 a month
- hayu (NBC Universal) - On Demand reality TV programming including Keeping Up with the Kardashians for £3.99 a month
- Heera – An Amazon-exclusive on demand channel with over 600 Bollywood, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, and Telegu movies and series including blockbusters like Sultan and Kabali for only £3.99 a month
- Hopster – Make screen time smart with safe, ad-free content for kids for £3.99 a month
- Ketchup TV – Hundreds of episodes of shows for kids, packed with their favourites for £2.29 a month
- Love Nature – Ad-free, family friendly nature documentaries on demand for £3.99 a month
- MGM – Hollywood hits, timeless classics and cult favourites movies from MGM for £4.49 a month
- Motorvision - On Demand TV dedicated to the automotive world including car reviews & tests, motorsports and lifestyle shows for £2.99 a month
- MUBI – A new, critically acclaimed movie to stream every day for £5.99 a month
- Nautical Channel – The network focused on sailing lifestyle, available live and on-demand for £3.99 a month
- Nordic Noir and Beyond – The best thriller, crime and drama series from the Nordics and beyond for £4.99 a month
- Panna – Easy-to-follow video recipes from master chefs and cooking courses for £1.49 a month
- Pinoy Box Office – Filipino movies and series on demand for £1.99 a month
- Planet Knowledge – Exciting and informative HD documentaries on nature, history, culture and more for £2.29 a month
- Pongalo Next – Latin American movies and series on demand for £2.99 a month
- Qello Concerts – The greatest concert films from icons and new artists like The Who, Queen, The Beatles, Muse and more for £5.99 a month
- Realeyz – Independent films by award-winning filmmakers on demand for £4.99 a month
- Rooster Teeth – Original sci-fi, gaming and comedy for £3.99 a month
- Shudder – Backed by AMC Networks, Shudder super-serves fans of thrillers, suspense, and horror for £4.99 a month
- Studio Universal Classics – Classic movies from Universal Studios for £3.99 a month
- Sweatflix – Stream HIIT workouts and yoga flows for £9.49 a month
- Tastemade Plus – Our network of Tastemakers bring great food and travel to the world for £1.99 a month
- The Great Courses Signature Collection – A curated collection of educational courses On Demand for £5.49 a month
- UP Family – Entertainment for the whole family for £3.49 a month
- Viewster Anime – ad-free anime on demand from Viewster for £2.99 a month
- Yoga Anytime Channel – HD yoga videos on demand for £6.99 a month
To explore the subscription content available to Prime members, visit www.amazon.co.uk/channels.
Along with access to thousands of popular movies and TV episodes through Prime Video, Amazon Channels joins the growing list of benefits for Prime members including unlimited One-Day Delivery, Prime Music, Prime Live Events, Prime Reading, Prime Photos, early access to Lightning Deals and more.
The launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany follows the successful launch of Amazon Channels in the US, which gives Prime members access to over 100 channel subscriptions that can be added to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike and Heera – the first curated on-demand subscription channels by Amazon.
Notes to Editors
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: thousands of popular movies and TV episodes, to stream or download, including Amazon Originals and Exclusives like Ridley Scott produced The Man in the High Castle; American Gods, the fantasy drama based on the book by Neil Gaiman; Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton; Sneaky Pete, executive produced by Bryan Cranston; Z: The Beginning of Everything, with Christina Ricci; 2016 BAFTA winning Transparent; 2016 Golden Globe® winning Mozart in the Jungle; cult comic book series Preacher; time-travel romance Outlander; 2016 Golden Globe® winning MR. ROBOT; Bosch, based on Michael Connelly's best-selling books; all series of Ripper Street and Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May's show The Grand Tour. Plus, must-see films like The Hateful Eight, Spotlight, David Brent: Life on the Road, Carol, Paddington, The Imitation Game and more. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: a complete "over-the-top" streaming solution that allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions including Discovery, Eurosport Player, ITV Hub+, BFI Player+ and hayu to their memberships for a low monthly subscription fee, without being tied into a long contract.
- Rent or Own: thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, on Xbox, PlayStation, Wii and Wii U, and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo
- Premium Features: top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing.
About Amazon Prime
Tens of millions of Prime members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime. In the UK that includes unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories, unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. With Prime Now, Prime members can also choose delivery within one hour of ordering for £6.99, or delivery within a choice of two-hour, same-day delivery slots at no extra charge between 8am and 10pm across more than 30% of the UK population in selected postcodes in Birmingham, Glasgow, Hertfordshire, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Portsmouth, Surrey and South Yorkshire. In addition to unlimited fast delivery, Prime members have access to unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; more than two million songs and hundreds of curated playlists and stations with Prime Music; exclusive access to purchase tickets for Prime Live Events with major artists, luxury Amazon lounges, Premium Seating and Pre-Sales for music concerts and entertainment shows across the UK available on Amazon Tickets; early access to select Lightning Deals all year long and unlimited secure photo storage with Prime Photos. Prime members in select postcodes in London can now also enjoy Amazon Restaurants delivery service with food from hand-picked quality local restaurants available via the Prime Now app and through www.amazon.co.uk alongside fast and flexible delivery of their full weekly grocery shop from AmazonFresh.
Prime is available for a monthly membership of £7.99/month, or a best value annual membership of just £79/year. Amazon customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for Prime or start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about.