Amazon Business Launches in Italy and Spain, Providing New Opportunities for UK Businesses
UK business customers with operations in Italy and Spain can now manage their procurement needs across Europe more effectively, enabling them to save time, reduce costs and increase their productivity
Amazon Business continues to expand globally and is now available in the US (Amazon.com), United Kingdom (Amazon.co.uk), Germany (Amazon.de), France (Amazon.fr), Italy (Amazon.it), Spain (Amazon.es), India (Amazon.in) and Japan (Amazon.co.jp)
Small businesses selling on Amazon Business can boost their export sales by reaching new business customers in Italy and Spain
London —27 June 2018 – Amazon today announced the launch of Amazon Business in Italy (www.amazon.it/business) and Spain (www.amazon.es/business), meaning that British businesses can manage their procurement needs across Europe more effectively by accessing a range of business-tailored features designed to save time, money, and increase productivity.
Amazon Business features available on Amazon.it and Amazon.es include free shipping, VAT-exclusive pricing, multi-user accounts and Amazon Business analytics, helping businesses to streamline purchasing and gain more visibility into how their organisations are spending.
Amazon Business continues to expand globally and is now available in the US (Amazon.com), United Kingdom (Amazon.co.uk), Germany (Amazon.de), France (Amazon.fr), Italy (Amazon.it), Spain (Amazon.es), India (Amazon.in) and Japan (Amazon.co.jp). Companies of all sizes with establishments in those countries now have the opportunity to purchase business supplies in their local language and receive local delivery.
“The launch of Amazon Business on amazon.it and amazon.es enables multi-national businesses with entities in Europe to continue to streamline their purchasing, whilst also providing new exporting opportunities for smaller UK businesses who sell on the Amazon Business marketplace,” said Bill Burkland, Head of Amazon Business, Amazon.co.uk.
Amazon Business provides easy access to more than 250 million products that any business can use – everything, from laptops, and office supplies, to industrial safety and janitorial supplies – with a set of unique features tailored for business customers.
One year after launching in the UK, Amazon Business served more than 100,000 business customers – from sole traders and small businesses to large multi-national organisations and FTSE 100 companies, as well as institutional buyers like universities, hospitals and non-profits.
Amazon Business recently added business tailored features on Amazon.co.uk, including:
- Business Invoice: Search and filter features allow business customers to quickly find more than a hundred million products from Amazon and third party sellers that display net prices and offer VAT-exclusive invoicing. Each VAT invoice now includes custom order fields like Purchase Order (PO) number and is available as PDF for bulk download.
- Request Quantity Discounts: Business customers can now request quantity discounts from business sellers when purchasing larger quantities of eligible products.
- Set Buying Policies: Catalogue Curation enables Account Admins to configure the Amazon Business catalogue according to procurement policies. Define approval criteria, set restricted categories and set preferred products
In addition, Amazon Business on Amazon.co.uk offers business customers:
- Pay by Invoice: Pay on net 30 day terms to help improve cash flow.
- Free One-Day Delivery: Receive items fast and free on qualified orders of £30 or more.
- VAT-exclusive pricing and invoicing: Compare VAT-exclusive prices and filter sellers with downloadable VAT invoices.
- Increase Visibility and Control: Add a PO number to orders, add multiple users to business accounts, set spending limits, enable purchasing approval workflows and gain visibility of expenditure with Amazon Business analytics.
- Integrated into E-Procurement Systems: Amazon Business is enabled on leading e-procurement platforms, including Coupa, JAGGAER and SAP Ariba.
- Detailed Transaction Data on Commercial Card Purchases: Track and reconcile business purchases with line-item detail on every Amazon Business purchase made with a Visa Commercial Card issued by Barclaycard, Citi, HSBC or Lloyds Bank.
With today’s announcement, small businesses in the UK who sell on the Amazon Business marketplace can now increase their B2B and export sales by reaching new business customers in Italy and Spain. Half of all units sold on Amazon Business are from independent, third party sellers, with tens of thousands in the UK having accessed the Amazon Business Seller feature set. Sellers who have adopted the feature “VAT Calculation Service” increased their B2B sales on Amazon Business on average by more than 50 per cent within the first month.
“We've been using Amazon Business in the US, which has been a great growth opportunity for us. We’ve historically been a consumer focused business, but with the growth of Amazon Business we started sourcing products to satisfy the growing demand from businesses,” said Mike Mitchell, MMP Living, who sell a wide range of products from homewares, gifts, toys and stationery.
To register for a free Amazon Business customer account please visit www.amazon.co.uk/business. Businesses that want to sell their products to business customers can visit www.amazon.co.uk/business-seller.
For further information, please contact:
Amazon UK Press Office
Tel: 0203 680 0888
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about