Amazon Business Launches Business Prime in the UK
Amazon Business makes purchasing for UK businesses of all sizes easier and more convenient with the launch of Business Prime ahead of Prime Day 2019
Benefits for Business Prime members include access to unlimited fast delivery, plus tools to analyse purchasing trends and set procurement policies
Businesses can sign up to Business Prime today here
LONDON – 01 July – Amazon Business today announces the launch of Business Prime, a new service providing benefits for businesses of all sizes in the UK, making purchasing on Amazon.co.uk even easier and more convenient. Business Prime gives members access to Prime delivery benefits including unlimited One-Day, Same-Day and Nominated-Day delivery. The new membership also allows customers to visualise spend data and identify money-saving opportunities with Spend Visibility and set policies to improve compliance with their purchasing policies and maximize their budget with Guided Buying.
“Business Prime enables customers to get the most out of the great selection, pricing and purchasing experience on Amazon Business,” said Dave Brittain, Head of Amazon Business in the UK. “We continue to listen to feedback from our business customers and are excited to introduce these new benefits which take the most business-relevant parts of Prime membership and add additional features to make life easier for organisations of all shapes and sizes. Our goal is to help businesses drive even more transparency into their procurement process, while ultimately lowering their total cost of purchasing.”
In the UK alone, Amazon Business serves over 50% of FTSE 100 companies, 80% of the largest universities and a wide variety of businesses across various sectors. Starting today, Business Prime members in the United Kingdom can select a plan that best suits their business needs and gain access to the following benefits:
- Spend Visibility: Powered by AWS QuickSight, Spend Visibility provides advanced visualisations of company spend in ready-to-present graphics, freeing up the time it takes to download, analyse data and discover spending trends.
- Guided Buying: Guided Buying enables Amazon Business account administrators to identify preferred suppliers and products, as well as set specific product categories as restricted. It offers buyers greater insight into company policies or recommendations while shopping and helps businesses reduce rogue spend, improve compliance with their purchasing policy and consolidate suppliers.
- Upgraded Delivery Options: With Business Prime, every user gets access to unlimited One-Day Delivery for no additional fee, no minimum order required. Members also get access to Same-Day delivery in selected areas and Nominated-Day delivery to the UK, as well as unlimited Two-Day delivery to the Republic of Ireland as part of their membership.
- Access to Prime Day deals: UK Business Prime members can enjoy access to tens of thousands of epic deals on 15th and 16th July as part of Prime Day 2019.
- Access to Exclusive Discounts: Members also get exclusive access to Business Prime exclusive offers from our partners including 60% off Xero accounting software for 12 months.
Amazon Business customers can sign up for an annual Business Prime membership based on the number of users on their business account: (Basic) £80/year ex VAT for up to 3 users, (Small) £250/year ex VAT for up to 10 users, (Medium) £600/year ex VAT for up to 100 users and (Unlimited) £4,500/year ex VAT for unlimited users. Learn more about Amazon Business and start a free 30-day trial of Business Prime at www.amazon.co.uk/businessprime.
For more information contact:
Thinking Hat PR
0203 457 0676/TeamTHPR@thinkinghatpr.com
About Amazon Business
Amazon Business combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to the needs of businesses. Amazon Business provides easy access to hundreds of millions of products and a variety of benefits, including business-only pricing and selection, single or multi-user business accounts, Business Prime, approval workflow, purchasing system integrations, payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated customer support and more. Amazon Business is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan and India. To register for a free Amazon Business account, visit www.amazon.co.uk/business. More information about Amazon Business is available at www.amazonbusinessblog.com.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.aboutamazon.co.uk and follow @AmazonUK on facebook and twitter.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Amazon.co.uk Ltd's business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.