Amazon-Built TVs Launch In UK
The Fire TV Omni QLED Series features the Fire TV Ambient Experience, which turns the TV into an always-smart device with Alexa-powered widgets, dynamic art, and free gallery-quality images or personal photos when not streaming
Fire TV 4-Series brings brilliant 4K Ultra HD picture quality to TV shows and films
Fire TV 2-Series with the power of Alexa offers customers even more options for any room at affordable prices
LUXEMBOURG— 14:00 GMT March 22, 2023 —Today, Amazon introduced its Amazon-built smart TVs to the UK. The top-of-the-line Omni QLED Series features a stunning 4K Quantum Dot Technology (QLED) display, hands-free Alexa controls, and the Fire TV Ambient Experience which turns the TV into a beautiful and informative personal display that offers customers glanceable information, Alexa-powered widgets, and a beautiful canvas for artwork and photos when not streaming. Fire TV 4-Series brings films and TV shows to life with 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG, and Dolby Digital Plus. Fire TV 2-Series offers the power of Alexa and Fire TV’s discovery-focused experience to any room at an affordable price.
"With over 200 million Fire TV streaming players and smart TVs sold globally, Amazon's relentless focus on making TVs a better, more intuitive experience for customers is resonating around the world,” said Emma Gilmartin, Director of Fire TV Europe. "Televisions are the fastest growing segment of the Fire TV business and we’re excited to bring a full line-up of Amazon-built TVs with easy content discovery, integrated smart home controls, and Alexa voice control to the UK”.
Fire TV Omni QLED Series – our most innovative TV yet
The Fire TV Omni QLED Series, the first TV series to feature the Fire TV Ambient Experience, reimagines the smart television by combining Fire TV’s performance, value, and hands-free Alexa controls with ambient features that turn the TV into an always-smart device, even when not streaming. The Omni QLED Series features a stunning 4K QLED display with full-array local dimming of up to 80 zones (depending on model size) and offers the latest in picture quality formats to provide our best viewing experience with built-in support for HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision IQ, and HDR10+ Adaptive. The series’ Adaptive Brightness feature also uses an ambient light sensor to dynamically change brightness levels, providing optimal contrast across content sources, formats, and lighting conditions.
Available in four sizes, 43”, 50”, 55“, and 65”, the Omni QLED Series with the Fire TV Ambient Experience can transform the TV screen in any room from a blank screen when not streaming into a personal display for beautiful artwork, personal photos, music and customiseable Alexa Widgets. The Omni QLED Series uses its built-in presence sensors to detect when a person enters the room and switches to the beautiful and informative Ambient Experience. The Fire TV Ambient Experience can be controlled hands-free and includes:
- Alexa Widgets: Powered by Alexa, widgets are optimised for the TV, providing glanceable information to keep you informed throughout the day. See your schedule with Calendars and Reminders, leave Sticky Notes for other family members, control other smart devices like a thermostat or Ring doorbell through Smart Home Favourites, receive entertainment recommendations with the ‘What Should I Watch’ widget, and much more. Widgets can be customised, collapsed, or expanded to match what your home needs.
- Dynamic art: The Fire TV Ambient Experience also features dynamic art and new backgrounds, which adapt to your current environment—based on temperature, time of day, proximity, weather, and more—to showcase novel pieces of art, purpose built for you. This will be available later this year.
- Gallery-quality art, motion backgrounds and personal photos:With no monthly subscription required, you can turn your Omni QLED Series into an in-home art gallery. The Ambient Experience brings you free access to a growing collection of more than 1,700 gallery-quality photos and curated art pieces with a broad range of artistic styles that your whole household can enjoy. Ambient Experience features collections from local independent artists and UK galleries. You can learn more about the art collections by asking things like, “Alexa, who painted this?” or “Alexa, tell me more about this artwork.” You can also choose from more than 80 motion backgrounds that make your television screen come to life in the idle state or display your personal photos.
- Alexa Routines:You can use thousands of Alexa Routines and Skills, or create your own routines to control your smart home and entertainment settings. For example, just say, “Alexa, start my day” after enabling the Start My Day Routine to display a motion image of a sunrise, show the weather, and play your favourite music.
- Privacy and control:The Omni QLED Series puts you in control of your privacy. You can electronically disconnect the far-field microphone with the flip of a switch. Features can also be easily tuned to your preferences, such as turning presence detection off and setting quiet hours for glanceable information.
Fire TV 4-Series starting at £429.99
The Fire TV 4-Series, combines 4K UHD resolution with HDR10 and HLG for cinematic picture quality on 4K TV shows and films, and include the Alexa Voice Remote to easily find, launch, and control your content or check the weather, sports, and more. The lineup includes 43”, 50”, and 55” model sizes, and feature a fully-integrated Fire TV experience that is always adding new features, smart home capabilities, and more.
Fire TV 2-Series starting at just £249.99
The all-new Fire TV 2-Series lineup features 32” and 40” model sizes, and offers customers affordable options to bring the power of Alexa and access to favourite apps to any room. The Fire TV 2-Series 32” brings films and TV shows to life in 720p HD resolution, while the Fire TV 2-Series 40” features Full 1080p HD resolution. The entire 2-Series lineup includes support for HDR 10, HLG, and Dolby Digital Audio.
Fire TV delivers a personal and intuitive streaming experience
Amazon-built TVs bring together live TV and all your streaming content on the home screen. You can connect an HD antenna (DVB-T2 HD) or stream content from free or paid apps including Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, BBC iPlayer and more. Fire TV is built for discovery - use Alexa to quickly find the shows, films, and games that are right for you. To make it easier to discover and enjoy a wide variety of entertainment and apps, Fire TV surfaces intelligent, personalised recommendations for what to watch based on the shows, genres, and apps a customer likes.
Pricing and availability
The Fire TV Omni QLED Series will be available in 43”, 50”, 55”, and 65” sizes starting at £549.99 in the UK. The Fire TV 4-Series will be available in 43”, 50”, and 55” sizes starting at £429.99. The all-new Fire TV 2-Series will be available in 32” and 40” starting at £249.99. To celebrate the launch, customers can save up to £300 off for a limited time during the introdudctory period, starting today. All TVs are available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk, and will soon also be available from selected retailers. Fire TV 4-Series and 2-Series models as well as the Fire TV Omni QLED in 65” will begin shipping on April 12, with all other Omni QLED sizes following on June 1.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information visit amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.