Members worldwide purchased more than 175 million items, from devices to groceries and more, throughout Prime Day
Top-selling deals worldwide during Prime Day were Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote – making this the biggest event ever for Amazon devices
A record number of UK Prime members shopped during the 48 hours of Prime Day 2019 versus any other two day period
Millions of people around the world streamed Prime Day events including the Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music and headlined by 10-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist Taylor Swift
LONDON – July 17, 2019 – (NASDAQ:AMZN) — This year, Prime Day was once again the largest shopping event in Amazon history across the globe. Over the two days of Prime Day, on July 15 and 16, sales surpassed the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined. Prime members purchased more than 175 million items throughout the event. Prime Day was also the biggest event ever for Amazon devices, when comparing two-day periods – top-selling deals worldwide were Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
“Every year, we look forward to offering Prime members great deals across everything they need from homeware and fashion to the latest in tech and our own devices,” said Doug Gurr, UK Country Manager, Amazon. “This year we’re thrilled that members in the UK had access to more deals than ever before, helping make Prime Day 2019, the biggest global shopping event in Amazon history.”
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- Prime members worldwide saved more than one billion dollars throughout Prime Day.
- Millions of items delivered in one day or faster using Prime Free One-Day, Prime Free Same-Day, or Prime Now worldwide – making it the fastest Prime Day ever.
- Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 15 than any previous day, and almost as many on July 16 – making these the two biggest days ever for member signups.
- Customers made their homes smarter by purchasing millions of smart home devices.
- Customers purchased twice as many Ring and Blink devices this Prime Day as last year, when comparing two-day periods.
- Prime Day was the biggest event ever on Amazon for Alexa devices with screens, such as Echo Show and Echo Show 5.
- This was the best Prime Day ever for Fire tablets
Customers purchased hundreds of thousands of Amazon devices designed for kids this Prime Day such as Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet. This was also the best Prime Day ever for Kindle devices
UK Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- A record number of UK Prime members shopped during the 48 hours of Prime Day 2019 versus any other two day period
- Deals categories most shopped for include wine, beauty, PC and home
- Best-selling deals in the UK included: the Sony PlayStation Classic Console, the Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush, and the Shark Vacuum Cleaner
- The fastest Prime Now deliveries included a Fire TV Stick delivered to a Prime member in Newcastle in 12 minutes and 6 seconds, and a grocery shop including Morrison’s pork and apple sausages and Haribo sweets to a member in Surrey in 13 minutes and 43 seconds.
More Entertainment this Prime Day than Ever Before
This Prime Day, UK Prime members had access to stream Prime Day events – including the Twitch Prime Crown Cup featuring FIFA 19 and Apex Legends and the Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music and headlined by 10-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist Taylor Swift. Highlights from the Prime Day Concert include Taylor Swift performing “You Need to Calm Down” live for the first time ever; SZA performing a rendition of the iconic ‘90s pop classic “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer; Dua Lipa’s rousing performance of her hit, “Blow Your Mind (Mwah);” and Becky G’s world debut of her fiery new track entitled “Dollar.” Prime members in 200 countries can still exclusively watch select songs from each performance from the Prime Day Concert on Prime Video. For more details on the show and to add it to your watchlist, head to primevideo.com/primedayconcert.
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
Members shopped across nearly the entire catalog of products including electronics, beauty, fashion, grocery, toys, furniture, everyday essentials, school supplies, and more. Some of the top-selling deals from around the world, excluding devices, included:
- United States: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Instant Pot DUO60, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
- United Kingdom: Sony PlayStation Classic Console, Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush, and Shark Vacuum Cleaner
- United Arab Emirates: Al Ain Bottled Water, Ariel Laundry Detergent, and Fine Towel Tissue Roll
- Spain: yobola Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Philips Multigroom Series 7000 All-in-One Trimmer, and DoDot Diapers
- Singapore: Meiji Fresh Milk, Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Soft Drink, and Kleenex Clean Care Bath Tissue
- Netherlands: Mama Bear Diapers, SanDisk 128 GB Memory Card, and Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Light
- Mexico: Nintendo Switch, HP Monitor 22w Borderless, and Nautica Travel Sport Eau de Toilette Spray
- Luxembourg: JBL Charge 3 Stealth Edition Bluetooth Portable Boombox, Tefal Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Pan, and iRobot Roomba 671
- Japan: Happy Belly Water, Anker PowerCore 10,000 Mobile Battery, and Pampers Premium Protection Diapers
- Italy: NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Barista Caffè Espresso, Dash 3-in-1 Detergent Pods, and AUKEY Powerbank Portable Charger
- India: Syska 9-Watt Smart LED Bulb Compatible with Amazon Alexa, boAt Rockerz Sports Bluetooth Wireless Earphones, and Godrej Aer Pocket Bathroom Fragrance
- Germany and Austria: JBL Bluetooth Speaker, Tefal Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Pan, and OSRAM Smart+ Plug Zigbee Switchable Light Socket
- France: iRobot Roomba 671, Lunii Story Telling Factory, and Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush
- China: Dove Exfoliating Scrub, L’Oreal Rejuvenating Eye Cream, and Silk’n Permanent Hair Removal Device
- Canada: PlayStation 4 Slim with Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
- Belgium: OSRAM Smart+ Plug Zigbee Switchable Light Socket, SanDisk 128GB Memory Card, and Brita Water Filter
- Australia: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Finish Powerball All-in-1 Max Dishwasher Tablets, and Huggies Ultra Dry Nappies
Spotlighting Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Prime Day 2019 was another record-breaking success for independent third-party sellers—mostly small and medium-sized businesses. These innovators, artisans, and entrepreneurs are an invaluable part of the Amazon family. Products from these unique businesses increase variety and contribute to the ever-expanding selection available to Prime members worldwide. Globally, these businesses far exceeded $2 billion in sales this Prime Day, making it the biggest Amazon shopping event ever for third-party sellers when comparing two-day periods.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day and was built on the foundation of unlimited fast delivery. Prime members receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories; unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and same-day delivery slots with Prime Now at no extra charge between 8am and 10pm across more than 30% of the U.K. population in selected postcodes in Birmingham, Glasgow, Hertfordshire, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Portsmouth, Surrey and South Yorkshire. Over 100 million paid members worldwide also enjoy the many benefits of Prime over and above unlimited fast delivery including the best of shopping and entertainment on Prime Day. In the U.K. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to over 2 million songs with Prime Music; access to Audible Channels for Prime; unlimited access to thousands of books and magazines with Prime Reading; access to Prime Wardrobe, Amazon Fashion’s ‘try before you buy’ service which aims to make shopping for fashion more convenient than ever; unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos; access to Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals; one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads and more. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.co.uk/prime. University and further education students should check out Prime Student, available for just £3.99 per month or £39 a year.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.